Emby will NOT play HiRes STEREO audio above 48Khz/16bit

Bill4sman

Bill4sman

With all the coming talk of mqa streaming and the like if  we can resolve this issue it's likely to give Emby a leg up in terms of high end audio!

Hi.  This isn't an issue you should expect extremely quick resolution for unfortunately.  In most cases, we are using external, 3rd party libraries to send this audio through so these things aren't under our immediate control and could take some time to figure out.

Thanks.

Bill4sman

This would be an OPPORTUNITY given the climate around 24bit audio! And this is hardly a new issue as I found people complaining two years ago...

Bill4sman

Emby will play multi channel 192Khz/24bit audio but NOT in stereo! For those of us that want to play hires audio in stereo we need this to work!

If you happen to have a revealing system and it DOES make a noticeable difference then this matters quite a bit. 

And to Luke & Emby staff, this IS an important issue for audiophiles so please do NOT let this opportunity slip away. There's literally nobody addressing this issue and Emby can be the COMPLETE media solution with this! I'm having to use multiple apps in order to listen to hires music depending on the source files. Giving Emby the ability to play ALL media properly needs to remain the goal!

Edited by Bill4sman

Bill4sman

DO NOT DELETE OR "MERGE" OR BURY THIS!

This issue was requested two YEARS ago and still is not addressed. Stereo HiRes playback is NEEDED in the Emby app!

emby WILL play hires multichannel audio but not plain STEREO HiRes which is what is REQUIRED for Media servers now.

Edited by Bill4sman

Good day,

We have the right to merge threads to one if it in the same subject, either from the same member or others.

That the first, second:

The main dev team here (Luke and Ebr) already investigation the matters you post about, no need to keep opening same thread at the same subject.

Thanks.

My best

Bill4sman

No, it was brought up TWO YEARS ago so no one has answered anything about it other than "we will look into it". Two years seems awfully patient to me.

No, it was brought up TWO YEARS ago so no one has answered anything about it other than "we will look into it". Two years seems awfully patient to me.

Good day,

I fully understand, as a user, sometimes fix or request do not come as fast as we wish too, but we have to wait for the main dev of the software to come with a solution.

My best

Please consider Ebr reply as about the issue:

Hi.  This isn't an issue you should expect extremely quick resolution for unfortunately.  In most cases, we are using external, 3rd party libraries to send this audio through so these things aren't under our immediate control and could take some time to figure out.

Thanks.

Again here, this issue need time, and if Emby a software you like to use with these issue till a solution come out, then it fine, otherwise it up to you to do what best.

You explain the issue and rise it, the dev team know about it, so it end of this subject till the main adv team update it.

Bill4sman

Two years is plenty of time to ignore a problem. The goal is to have a SINGLE solution and not have to switch apps between desired media because there's ONE thing missing from this one.

pwhodges

because "Webhooks" is SO important over sound quality. Right.

24-bit vs 16-bit is important in music recording and production, but its benefit in delivery is really marginal.  Indeed, studies in which a 24-bit feed was compared with the same feed reduced to 16-bit and then delivered as 24-bit so that the user couldn't see have failed to find an audible difference.  I agree it would still be good to deliver the 24-bit file correctly, but it's really not something to get excited about. [Note: I used to be a recording engineer.]

• Like 1

Bill4sman

I disagree and if you don't have a system that can reveal such fidelity then get one because you're missing out. I PROMISE you can DEF hear the difference between a 320kbps file and a 192/24bit one on my system without fail. With regard to downsampling 24 to 16 then upsampling back to 24 would NOT likely result in a discernible difference to most listeeners on any system. You're not actually changing the music as better DAC's can upsample even crap mp3 files to sound better.

Since 192/24bit is FINALLY becoming more important on a daily basis with all the companies now producing high res audio this can be an advantage or remain the missing feature that loses the war. Amazon, Tidal, Spotify, etc...

Don't take my word for it, lose a ton of users to a competitor that does find it more important. This is the same argument style I was hearing back when nobody even knew what email was. I said then this is going to change everything then and was scoffed at as well. If everything is Emby remaining relevant then ignore this as you have been and I am quite confident you'll find yourself wondering what happened to your business.