Emby will NOT play HiRes STEREO audio above 48Khz/16bit

Bill4sman

Bill4sman

Does Emby downsample audio to 48KHz 16 bit? I'm streaming through Nvidia Shield and it's showing 48KHz 16 bit even though my source file is VERIFIED to be 24 bit.

Bill4sman

The other apps I use DO playback 24bit audio like Tidal and my preamp displays the bitrate. EVERYTHING from Emby shows 48KHz 16bit and it IS direct playing. Sorry for bringing this up but Plex DOES play the files at the correct bitrate. So, this is back to Emby in terms of the app NOT supporting anything better than 48KHz 16bit. I'm really hoping this is a checkbox somewhere...

post-387712-0-71079400-1567068422_thumb.jpg

post-387712-0-09001700-1567068436_thumb.jpg

post-387712-0-19696800-1567068459_thumb.png

Edited by Bill4sman

Hi.  Can you please follow the instructions in the topic I linked above to send a log from the app right after playing this item for a few seconds?

Thanks.

Hi.  Can you determine under exactly what conditions it appears to play at the higher rate vs. not?

It is direct playing via the app but does appear to be downsampled to 48khz (based on the limited info I can get from my receiver).  Cannot confirm the bitrate.  Since it is direct playing it must be the FLAC extension we are using that is downsampling it.

Bill4sman

Yes, if I play from ANY Emby app directly it will not exceed 16bit but if I Cast to the Shield, it plays trhe correct bitrate.

Exactly how are you "casting" it?

That tile doesn't look like it is actually transcoding as there is no transcode progress.  Was an ffmpeg log produced?

Okay, when you play it via Android Mobile, it is transcoding it.  If you play it directly in Android TV, it will direct play it.  However, that does appear to still downsample.

Any ideas?

It is direct playing via the app but does appear to be downsampled to 48khz (based on the limited info I can get from my receiver).  Cannot confirm the bitrate.  Since it is direct playing it must be the FLAC extension we are using that is downsampling it.

That is my only idea at this point.  We'll have to investigate further.

Thanks.

Bill4sman

Yes, I DID post this elsewhere but I want beta testers to know what's going on as well.

ALL of my 24 bit music files are downsampling to 16bit UNLESS they are cast.

STILL AN OPEN ISSUE!

Hi there, it will be easier for everyone involved if we can discuss this in one place, rather than have the same conversation in two different topics.

For example, every-time we come back into here, we'll have to go back to your other topic to find the original information to refresh our memory, users will ask the same questions in both places, etc. Thanks.

Guest asrequested

I just tried this in Theater, both from stable and beta servers. It played correctly, so it must be something directly in the player.

[   0.214][v][ao/wasapi] Accepted as stereo s32 @ 176400hz -> stereo s32 (32/24 bits) @ 176400hz (exclusive)

• 2 weeks later...