How random is shuffling?

crusher11

Happy2Play

Okay, so:

1. All the season posters I had in place before moving to the beta are still there. Some on my local drive, some on network drive 1, some for seasons with episodes on both drives.

2. Posters on network drive 1 for seasons on network drive 1 work.

3. Posters on the local drive for seasons spread across the local drive and network drive 2 do not work.

4. Posters on the local drive for seasons spread across the local drive and network drive 1 don't work either.

5. Posters on network drive 1 for seasons spread across network drive 1 and network drive 2 also don't work.

So it seems if episodes in the season are spread across multiple drives, the poster doesn't display, but this only applies to posters added after I moved to the beta.

I haven't been applying them through the UI, just placing a "poster.jpg" in the season's folder.

So the structure in Series/season folder spread across multiple locations? 

crusher11

Right, but what specifically are you asking?

The series is spread across three drives (one local, two network). It's sporting events, from several different compilation DVDs - some are "X team's best games", others are "finals matches involving Y team from year Z", etc. They're split onto drives based on which set they were sourced from, not which year the games occurred, so some seasons are also split across multiple drives.

Happy2Play

What is the folder structure?  The specific layout of the Series.  Do really know how to ask it any differently.  

crusher11

It's laid out like a TV series.

AFL

Season 1969

AFL - s1969e2301 - 1969 Grand Final.mkv

Season 1970

AFL - s1970e2301 - 1970 Grand Final.mkv

etc.

Some seasons exist only on one drive, others exist on multiple drives.

Happy2Play

It's laid out like a TV series.

AFL

Season 1969

AFL - s1969e2301 - 1969 Grand Final.mkv

Season 1970

AFL - s1970e2301 - 1970 Grand Final.mkv

etc.

Some seasons exist only on one drive, others exist on multiple drives.

So no matter the drive the same Series and season structure exist when there is a episode on different drives?

crusher11

Season folders only exist if games from that season are on that drive, but otherwise yes, it's the same structure.

Happy2Play

So is there a season image in every season folder or only one if you have a season spread across multiple drives?

crusher11

Only one.

My NFL collection is structured the same way, but I finished setting all the images up before moving to the beta and they still work.

Happy2Play

Honestly have no idea but I think I can some what recreate the issue issue with a series spread across multiple drives the season image appears to have to be in a specific folder/location.  My guess would be images need to be within the first season folder of the first drive the season is seen on.  

Library TV Shows - Multiple disk

Assigned folders

Disk 1

Disk 2

Disk 3

Disk 4

Disabled all image downloading

Disk 1

Series A - Series poster

Season 1 - Season poster

Season 2

Disk 2

Series A

Season 1

Season 2 - Season poster

Disk 3

Series A

Season 3 - Season poster

Season 4

Disk 4

Series A

Season 3

Season 4 - Season poster

Season images appear for season 1 and 3, season 2 uses series image and season 4 has no season image.

@@Luke Does this make since?

4.2.1.0 and 4.3.0.15 acted the same.

crusher11

It was working for me on the last stable.

One thing I did find on the stable though was that there had to be at least one episode in the folder that contained the poster, so I couldn't keep all my posters on one drive regardless of where episodes were. I also had to put the series poster, background and logo on all drives. Season posters did work from any drive though, as long as there was also at least one episode there.

Happy2Play

I left that out but there are 6 or 7 episodes in each the season folders.  I guess as another note i manually placed all images in the folders.  I can test applying them via the UI but am almost certain it would work properly.

I have The Simpsons S01-S11 and when i it "shuffle" 90% of the time it will launch the same episodes in the same exact order.

Edited by Ivanm42