I have a "sports" library, set up as TV shows, containing:
3 episodes from the American Basketball Association.
28 episodes from the Australian Football League.
2 episodes from international basketball events.
280 episodes from the National Basketball Association.
181 episodes from the National Basketball League.
2 episodes from NCAA basketball.
70 episodes from the National Football League.
90% of the time I hit the 'shuffle' button on this library, I get the 2012 Olympics basketball game between the USA and Australia. The other 10% I get the 2010 AFL pre-season game between Essendon and West Coast.
Shouldn't it be more random than this? It has 566 episodes to choose from, and yet it only ever lands on two of them, and one of those appears four or five times as often as the other.