View movie with introduction...

audio_elf

audio_elf

So ... quite often now movies (and tv shows) are coming out on DVD with an "introduction".

How about allowing us to mark a file as a movie "introduction" to be (optionally) played before the main feature.

For example I have just ripped the Special Edition DVD of Interview with the Vampire, it comes with an introduction. If I could (for eg) store the introduction as "Interview with the Vampire (1984) - Introduction.mkv" along side "Interview with the Vampire (1984) - Special Edition DVD.mkv" ... it would be cool if Emby would pop up when I click to play the movie "Would you like to view the introduction?"

Hopefully this feature request has not already been made ... thank you!

Eloise

• Like 2

funwithmedia

I might be mistaken, but it sounds like Cinema Intros is more of a global feature for randomly selecting content to play before a movie.

It sounds to me like @@audio_elf is asking for a new type of Extra ( https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie-naming#movie-extras ), called "Introductions", which would be specific to a given movie, and which would have special functionality of there being an option to play the movie with Introduction(s). If what I've just written is correct, I do think this could be a nifty feature addition. :)

• Like 1

I might be mistaken, but it sounds like Cinema Intros is more of a global feature for randomly selecting content to play before a movie.

It sounds to me like @@audio_elf is asking for a new type of Extra ( https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie-naming#movie-extras ), called "Introductions", which would be specific to a given movie, and which would have special functionality of there being an option to play the movie with Introduction(s). If what I've just written is correct, I do think this could be a nifty feature addition. :)

Ah yes, you are correct.

To accomplish that now you could put them in a collection and play the collection.  Or - this would require duplicating the movie which may not be desired - you could create a version of the movie with the introduction and one without and user our multi-version feature to select which one.