Current Version of Emby App

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

Hi folks,

This might be a bit pointless to post and ask, but I'm at work and this will save me stuffing around tonight when I get home or - more probable - on the weekend!

I'm currently running v0.122 on my Samsung UA55HU8500 which also shows "updated" as 2018-10-11.

Is there a more current version than this?

I know there is an older version of the app which can be installed using an alternate IP address, but I'm certain I'm using the newer app made for Orsay where I had to change the region of my Smart Hub. That is, I'm sure I used these instructions located >> here <<.

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

FrostByte

That is the latest right now.  As of last Oct Samsung said they would no longer be taking updates to the Orsay app. 

However, Luke mentioned he was trying to get Samsung to accept another update.   I'm not sure what the latest on that is.

There is a fairly big bug in that version (though you can get around it) so hopefully Samsung will take it.

Dodgy Bob

That is the latest right now.

Schweeet!

Thanks for that FrostByte.

Would be great if an update was able to be pushed through, but that's OK if not, I don't seem to be having any issues with anything at the moment, so I'm all good.

Is the bug you speak of to do with or affect playback at all? Might be nice to keep an eye out for whatever it might be or to at least not do certain things that might cause it!

Also, seeing as there is likely to be no more updates for the Orsay app, does that mean what we have is what we have?

i.e. any Feature Requests I might ask for, I'll never see - right?

I'm just wondering if Emby Server pushes anything GUI related through to Emby App at all (or Emby App pulls from Emby Server) or if Emby App purely and only handles all GUI related data ... if that makes sense!?

FrostByte

No the bug I'm thinking of has to do with a spinning circle when viewing the details page for movies, etc.  I'm surprised you haven't seen it because I and others get it immediately 

I would get my FR in quick :)

Dodgy Bob

Hmmmm, interesting!? OK.

We primarily use Emby for TV viewing, haven't watched any movies through Emby for a long time now.

Though in saying that, we've only just recently started using Emby again - yeah, thanks Netflix for brainwashing my family /sarcasm - and since we're only really working through 2 different series, we just hit the next episode through 'Up next' and then hit the play button. But yeah, still no spinning circle in those few pages we hit.

And yeah, I got my FR in!!

Hopefully it gets through and we do get that one last update   :ph34r:

• Like 1