The official Emby client app for 2014 Samsung Smart TVs using the Orsay platform is currently only available in the Samsung store within the US, UK and now Ireland also. However, if you live outside these areas and would like to use the official Emby app then you may be able to switch your Smart TV Hub region to US as a temporary work around until it's available where you live.
You may have to bring up the keypad to access some of these keys depending on your remote
Change Samsung Smart TV Hub region for H-series (2014) TVs
- Click on the “Menu” button on your Samsung remote control.
- Go to “Smart Hub”.
- Select “Reset Smart Hub”. Enter PIN if prompted.
- Press Smart Hub remote key
- When the Terms & Conditions screen appears, click the following buttons on your remote control: », 2, 8, 9, «
- A list of all supported countries on your Samsung Smart TV will appear after a few seconds. Choose US as region
- Agree with the Samsung Terms.
- Continue the setup from the Samsung store as usual.
After successfully changing your TV's hub region you should be connected to the Samsung Store within the US and can then follow the installation instructions on loading the official Emby app on your Samsung Smart TV.
If you get a message unable to connect to Samsung server AS415 error try changing the menu to English and give it some time to populate so you can download via search. It may not be able to find/browse for the app in the video category.
Once the official Emby app is available in your region then redo the steps you followed above changing your TV's hub region back to it's original location and then reinstall Emby from the Samsung store again.
You can only access Samsung apps from one region at a time. This means you cannot load the US Samsung Emby app with the UK BBC iPlayer app at the same time and your old apps will most likely be deleted.
To unblock other applications such as Netflix, Amazon Prime after changing your Smart TV Hub region you may also need to change your geo-location using a VPN or Smart DNS.
The times for LiveTV may be off depending on your location.
Edited by FrostByte, 30 June 2019 - 02:40 PM.