changing remote key shortcuts for Emby for WMC

braddles69
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

braddles69

Hi all, Just a quick question I am using Emby for WMC (always just like the look of it) on Win 10, and recently had to repair my OS.One of the pecularities of my hardware setup is that I have a TV tuner card, which I only use the IR receiver for to switch the HTPC on/off and navigate as a MCE Remote, I have setup the remote to toggle the desktop (minimising WMC) and then closing it, before sending a shutdown command.

However, in the OS rebuild and all apps, I now have Emby for WMC responding to my * cmd to (mapped to shutdown WMC) as this is a remote key shortcut on the homescreen for the context menu.

I cannot remember how I reassigned this key in Emby for WMC, any ideas? I need the * cmd for my shutdown and simply want to reassign the "context menu" remote key to something different like a 'Y" - something I don't use.

Is this possible, maybe by editing an xml file?

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions

braddles69

Thanks @@ebr, this just happens from homescreen, a peculiarity of my testing the new OS and apps, and how they respond to shutdown. We actually never exit back to homescreen before a shutdown, so all good, this is something that I never changed, only spotted it in this test. So all good, thanks for the quick responses guys, appreciate it.;)