Scrape a File with different Movies Inside?

TheGremlin

TheGremlin

Hi,

I don't know if this Feature exist, but sometimes you got more than one Movie on a Single Bluray Disc.

Also this exist very often on Anime OVAs.

Example:

https://bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme/133101-unterm_wolkenhimmel_laughing_under_the_clouds_gaiden_3filme_set?content#ca

This Bluray got 3 OVA Movies on one Bluray Disc.

tmdb have them listed all seperate as Single Movies.

https://www.themoviedb.org/search?query=unterm%20wolkenhimmel&language=de-DE

Is there a way to scrape this correctly?

Hi.  The best thing to do is rip each one as an individual mkv or mp4 file.  Interpreting the actual BD structure is something that is only minimally supported at this time.

Thanks.

TheGremlin

Hi ebr, I have allready read that answer in so many threads :) and I have tried this way to build my collection.

I am a lover of specials & extras and it's so time consuming to rip all that stuff of your original blurays / DVDs.

I know how powerfull emby is. I have allready ripped some blurays with all extras, named the movie chapters and named all the extras according to the Bluray, etc.

If you are a perfectionist / purist, it's very time consuming to rebuild the complete Bluray structure. Also you have often more audio lines & subtitles for a language.

It's allways a pain to identify all the subtitles: standard subtitles, SDH subtitles, commentarys, sometimes you got even empty subtitles with no content.

Also the emby media player don't display the subtitles titles. If I name the subtitles for example commentary, I can't see that in emby.

Emby just display the subtitle as english, german -> the Language tag. (If I use emby for Kodi, Kodi display the subtitles titles correctly for example).

Sometimes you got even bluray extras, which are not ripable, like actors biography.

As you see, as a purist, you face into another problems, trying to rip all that stuff.

As you can see, I have tested emby very much and tried it allready to customize it very much to my needs.

The easiest method, which I found was just to use the Bluray and leave it as it is. I use Emby Theather and use PowerDVD inside, to play the Bluray / DVDs correctly.

I have tested many different Media Player solutions, like Plex, Kodi, etc...

The main reason, why I use emby, is because emby is the far advanced media center solution on the market in aspect of Library Management :).

No other competitor has such a powerfull and easy to configurate library Management backend, which support Multi Versions, Special Features, Collections, etc.

All that stuff is not support from your competitors or a pain into the *** to configure.

I am also aware of that BD will probably never be full supported because of BD-Java. But that's the part which I let manage PowerDVD.

For this specific problem, which I got I have also no idea how to solve it.

As a workaround I put it into my TV Shows Library and let it scrape as a TV Shows.

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/laughing-under-the-clouds

Although it should be in the Movie Library.

PS: I love emby for his Library Management.

Edited by TheGremlin

Deathsquirrel

If you don't want to properly rip your discs you're going to have some limitations.  It's your call whether or not that's worth it.

Ripping a disk to MKV using something like MakeMKV allows you to preserve every single video file including all special features, language and subtitle track, etc.  Emby supports playback of all those files