Some movies not showing up in Emby

diaz1510

They cannot have the exact same structure or you wouldn't need different drives/locations :).

My point being this could be something very subtle that you don't realize has an impact.  Something like the exact naming of a folder or the fact that a video file exists in a place where it shouldn't.

For example, some folder could be named "Sample" and that causes Emby to ignore it...

diaz1510

OK, that makes sense,  any idea what I should be looking for?  I've done a pretty thorough search in the directory to see anything that stands out, but nothing jumps out at me.  Is there any particular diagnostic I can do that would be helpful in diagnosing this issue?  I can post another log if needed...

One thing to look for is if there is anything showing up in your library in Emby that you don't recognize because the possibility I'm chasing here is that some piece of your library is being interpreted as something it isn't.  So, if there is a movie or folder showing up that you don't think should be there - investigate that.

Definitely look for any folders with the word "sample" in them.

Also look for any single video files in single folders at a parent level.

diaz1510

OK,

1) there is nothing  I am seeing that stands out in my library or out of the ordinary (other than the missing media from that particular HDD)

2)  There is nothing in the drive with "sample" in it

3)  Can you clarify, because the way I have it set up for each HDD is (within File Explorer):

R:\Movie Folder (Year)\Movie (Year).mkv

With my R: drive being the Movies 02 drive.  Q: drive is Movies 01 all the way to U: (Movies 05)

Each of the other drives are setup like this as well  and the way I have it them in my Emby Library is

\\MediaServerPC\Movies 02

and so on for each of the 5

Edited by diaz1510

Two things:

1) is R: a mapped network drive or a physical drive?

2) I would move your content out of the root of the drive if it is a physical drive.  Put it under a sub-folder of some sort because the root of the drive could have any number of hidden system locations that could cause trouble.

diaz1510

Two things:

1) is R: a mapped network drive or a physical drive?

2) I would move your content out of the root of the drive if it is a physical drive.  Put it under a sub-folder of some sort because the root of the drive could have any number of hidden system locations that could cause trouble.

1) On the server that emby resides on it is an actual physical drive, but it is also mapped to my other clients throughout the home.

2) I guess that wouldn't be too hard to do, but I am just curious as to why only that drive and not the others as well as this just manifesting.

diaz1510

1) On the server that emby resides on it is an actual physical drive, but it is also mapped to my other clients throughout the home.

2) I guess that wouldn't be too hard to do, but I am just curious as to why only that drive and not the others as well as this just manifesting.

Well...OK then....I created a sub-folder on the drive and simply moved all the media to it.  Added the new directory to Emby and.....viola!  Everything starts populating...I've had it wrong this whole time, lol.  @@ebr @@Luke @@Happy2Play thank you for the assist.

Interestingly, I went and looked at the hidden and system folders on each drive and they all have the hidden RECYCLE folder and the System folder, but Movies 02 had an extra one called "found.000"...wonder what that is and I'm feeling like that may have been the causing the issue...

Happy2Play

Glad you got is worked out.  It is odd as the errors were logged for TV Shows 01 and 02 but not your Movies 02 (post 32).

But across the board libraries should never pointed to the root of any hard drive.

@@Luke should there be a note on "select path" or added to the library setup wiki about this?  There would appear to be several topics with this issue of libraries on the root of drives with same/similar issues.