Need suggestions for m3u editing and epg xml

spuleckip

spuleckip

I've searched the web and the forum here and found some partial answers but I'm hoping to get some suggestions.

For a good 8-9 months, I was using iptv-epg.com  as both my m3u editor and epg provider and had really good performance until this spring/summer when they started having issues that would require a manual refresh in Emby to bring all my channels back.  The final straw was when they released some updates that completely wiped away all my data with them and I had to restore from a semi-recent backup and go from there. 

I had enough and ended my subscription and used a standalone application to edit my list and my providers xml data for EPG.

This has worked well for the past 6-8 weeks, but the iptv provider I use has changed some stream URL's and the solution I have now has no real way for them to be updated other than to search an updated m3u in notepad and copy/replace as I find channels that stopped working.

The epg info is also ok, but not great.

I'm hoping to get some suggestions of what everyone uses that might work for me.  It doesn't have to be an all in one solution.  If you use one program/website/service to manage the m3u and another for epg/xml that's ok.

I do need the ability to manually assign real channel numbers - I also have HDHomerun in my setup and place the streaming channels at specific channel numbers so they line up correctly (and so the spouse doesn't have to memorize new numbers....)

Any help or suggestions you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

kanipek

Do you have a source for guide data? Such as Emby guide data or Schedules direct? or are you using a provider epg link?

I have a setup using Schedules Direct and and XMLTV file generated by epg123. I remove the channel data info from the XMLTV file and combine it with my own custom channel data info. It's all automated and done by scripts. Works very well, only an occasional issue when something changes. A little setup time is involved but then you are good to go.

Xteve when setup and configured properly will provide the same capabilities and you can use several different methods for the EPG data. Bit of a learning curve to figure it out and set it up.

Others have different methods also, I am sure they will chime in. Pick a method that you are comfortable with and that works for your setup.

Edited by kanipek

spuleckip

I'm playing around with xteve. It may be an ok solution.

Right now, I'm using xml that comes from the iptv provider, but I'd really like a better source as they don't have data for all channels and some aren't always correct. Can schedules direct provide me with something that would cover Canada and USA channels? I have limited experience with them from before Emby had its own guide data.

kanipek

I'm playing around with xteve. It may be an ok solution.

Right now, I'm using xml that comes from the iptv provider, but I'd really like a better source as they don't have data for all channels and some aren't always correct. Can schedules direct provide me with something that would cover Canada and USA channels? I have limited experience with them from before Emby had its own guide data.

The short answer is YES

I do this daily and you can do the same using my method or using xTeVe