I recently bought premiere and suddenly Emby is running ffmpeg in the background at nearly 100% CPU, nearly constantly, even with no one accessing the server. For now, I disabled Download & Convert, and things returned to normal. I guess I have a few questions:
1) What exactly does "Download & Convert" do? What's it for?
2) Why was it running in the background?
3) Was it converting and replacing my library to be stream friendly? My whole library? That would take forever, are the old files deleted as they are converted to save space?
4) I have a GTX 950 - why wasn't that being utilized? HW encoding is enabled and recognized.
5) Can I just leave download & convert off?
Thank you very much if someone takes the time to answer some of this for me.