Scrambled titles

Roland.Stranneborn

Roland.Stranneborn

Hi, I've been running for a few months without any problems, but today I've got scrambled titles and misleading icons. The library is declared as "movies", since that seemed to work the best before, but the content is really a series of documentaries. I have 4.2.1.0 installed. Here's a subset of what I have in the folder. The JPGs are generated by Emby, I didn't supply them (except Folder-jpg).

5d60106fcc327_u1.jpg

Here's how it looks:

5d6010b8b86e8_u2.jpg

So if I click on the "17 again" I do get the C-17 documentary. Some of them are OK, but it seems Emby is trying to match too closely with real movies.

Edited by Roland.Stranneborn

Hi, you've sorted by folders here. Try sorting by title and see if that changes anything. If that doesn't, then try using the metadata editor and see if you have customized the sort title of any of those items. Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Roland.Stranneborn

Hi, you've sorted by folders here. Try sorting by title and see if that changes anything. If that doesn't, then try using the metadata editor and see if you have customized the sort title of any of those items. Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Hi, tried to sort by Title, same things:5d60f8e259f37_u3.jpg

Roland.Stranneborn

I looked at the metadata for the first one, both the Original title and Title are wrong:

5d60f9ade566d_U4.jpg

Roland.Stranneborn

So have you tried correcting them?

Sorry it took a bit of time: Yes, I tried to Edit Metadata, then the Title became correct (C-17):

5d6a78f9af66a_U6.jpg

But then I did a "Refresh Metadata" hoping that the thumbnail would be taken from the video, the result was that it's back to the wrong title again (17 Again):

5d6a7973ad5f9_U7.jpg

That's because it did an internet metadata lookup based on all of the information it contains.

Try using the identify feature. If you don't want internet metadata, then turn it off for that particular library and then edit the titles again.