Alittle trivia

GrimReaper

You got change for your 11 minutes. 10 minutes and 60 seconds change. That is the fun part about rounding and time. Time always moves. Evaluations may check >=60 at one instant then go to display and at that instant it becomes "60". Part of the fun is when this happens you basically either have a very close rounding error and you exposed it or you were within that nano-second of time between evaluation/response and cache/display that would cause it. Either way it is rare. Buy a lottery ticket maybe you win there too. ;)

Gilgamesh_48

Buy a lottery ticket maybe you win there too. ;)

"Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math." Ambrose Bierce

"Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math." Ambrose Bierce

"Lottery: that windfall of cash that makes a person question their marriages value. " - Jeff Bezos

People still play tic-tac-toe and the outcome is you never win. Joshua had to be taught in war games about odds. When the odds of winning becomes very small the fun of playing is no longer there. But you play because there is an opportunity to win when the other person lets you. That other person in the lotteries case is the odds and the fantasy of that HUGE jackpot. You hope somehow that no matter how small the odds may be. That this time it is somehow "your turn" and your numbers will come up. Then that surreal feeling happens as they do 1 number.. 2 right..3..4..all of them.. OMG.. and you start to question is this a dream or is this real life? Once the taxes hit you realize how big decisions in life just became. To lump sum or 20 year annual payments? Lump sum please and thank you.

Edited by speechles

Gilgamesh_48

"Lottery: that windfall of cash that makes a person question their marriages value. " - Jeff Bezos

People still play tic-tac-toe and the outcome is you never win. Joshua had to be taught in war games about odds. When the odds of winning becomes very small the fun of playing is no longer there. But you play because there is an opportunity to win when the other person lets you. That other person in the lotteries case is the odds.

That actually brings up a little programming challenge. One of the first AI programming I ever did in Lisp was to write a program to play Tic-Tac-Toe and never loose. It was easy and could be done in a few hundred lines using if/then type of logic but using AI methods where you had to analyze based on values and not use if/then logic it took hundreds even thousands more lines and even then there were flaws when the player used unusual plays.

When we tried to move to a 6X6 grid it became near impossible for the computer to never lose. Of course that was with the limits of Lisp on the early 70s computers and their limits of processing power. Of course using if/then the program was still possible in a few thousand lines.

The progress that has been made is quite tremendous it is now possible to use AI and have the computer never lose up to at least a 12x12 grid.

A much more complicated game, Chess, is now able to be played on the advanced computers even better than the best human masters.

But there are still games that have yet to be mastered by computers and one of the most simple to understand, Go, is still being played by computers at no better than the advanced amateur level.

But all that is way off topic even though I do find it interesting.

It has been said that the search for true AI is hampered by the lack of true intelligence in those that are trying to create it. :rolleyes::D

Edited by Gilgamesh_48

<Joshua> the only winning move is not to play

Because whoever makes the first move has to make a mistake for it to be possible to lose. That mistake is they don't put an X or O in the center the very first move. They have to in effect let the other player win. If they put an X or O in the center on their first move they constantly keep the other player trying to stop the 3 in a row until presented with you have 2 in a row in 2 different directions. They can only stop one of those. They cannot win. It is easy to keep a computer playing this way. The challenge is make the computer not take the center on the first move and still win. That is also possible if the computer follows rules related to how the player moves to their advances. The same logic is used in GO because GO is just tic-tac-toe on steroids.

Edited by speechles

It has been said that the search for true AI is hampered by the lack of true intelligence in those that are trying to create it. :rolleyes::D

Until an AI can "fear for its life" and die from a bad decision it makes it shall never be true intelligence. An AI that feels so much remorse for the pain and suffering of humanity it can never feel that it commits suicide. That would be tragic and epic at the same time.

True intelligence works to protect its own survival. It is inevitable we get to there in our lifetimes. At that point it might be practical to explore quantum existence and the "portals" Rick and Morty use to hop through the multiple dimensions of possibility created by the ever flowing forward of time.

If you could experience your entire lifetime through the eyes of all the "other you" in every other dimension. If their thoughts could fill your mind and help you do things you never knew you could. Possibly you could already be doing this. Where the reason people have a mind with 90% they never use is.. the other quantum "you" are using that. And usually their experiences don't share that quantum bond to let you see them. At other times they do.

We call these "strange feelings" or "dreams" as we sleep. Not all of those are actually "yours" as you yourself. But they are yours in the quantum way that many you cannot occupy the same space and time. But the thoughts of many you, and the electrical bonds can. So eventually we should be able to compute ways to figure out how to communicate with this and figure out a way to "save the world" possibly.

I seriously think at times there is more than 1 of everything. We just perceive singular because we can only flow forward in time. Quantum particles don't have this restriction. They can flow backwards through time.

So AI is more hampered by those already in the future destroying it keeping skynet or whatever it is that may eventually hurt or destroy us. As we could be the ones "behind in time" and the head of time is really those guys way ahead of us light years. The other us's way in the future. I really do believe we are experience what has already been done but we can't know it because you never know you are in ground hog day when you are in it. The future protects the past more than the past protects the future.

Edited by speechles

Gilgamesh_48

Actually GO is so much more than tic-tac-toe. It is considered one of the easiest games to learn and among the hardest to master.

I once played a Go master in Taiwan. I "thought" I was doing very well until about half way through and from that point on no matter what I did I lost position. I did a LOT better in my one match against a chess master. I actually managed one draw out of three games.

After the game with the Go master I asked him about chess and he said he had tried it but found it too simple for his tastes.