Scraping not working correctly (disney shorts, looney tunes)

nonyhaha

Episode 15 of season 1927 has a deacription om thetvdb. https://www.thetvdb.com/series/disney-animated-shorts/episodes/4570092

I am sure it is something on emby side because even if i set the season and episode numbers, in emby, the title still appears different from the corrwct scraped episodes.

Did you click refresh metadata after changing the season and episode number in emby?

nonyhaha

Sure, here is a zip with all logs. I did a metadata refresh on season 1927 - where episodes are numbered by me; and a refresh on season 1926, where episodes did not have the metadata edited. 

logs.zip

Edited by nonyhaha

Sure, here is a zip with all logs. I did a metadata refresh on season 1927 - where episodes are numbered by me; and a refresh on season 1926, where episodes did not have the metadata edited. 

This is a whole folder full of log files. Which one corresponds to the date and time when you tried this?

Please note that Tvdb has had problems again in recent days so it's possible that this is the issue. But a log will tell us. Thanks.

Happy2Play

@@Luke I am having the same issue with this series.  But for some reason when I play the dummy file and it errors out as expected, then it returns with the metadata, then you can refresh to acquire image if it hasn't already as you have imdb and tvdb ids.

Had to manually correct title, season and episode as when I added the episodes they were all merged as a multi-version as I discussed earlier (only tested season 1926 and 1927).  Note sure why this series is having so much trouble in Emby.  I had no issues when I ran it through MCM.  My testing was on beta 4.3.0.7

@@nonyhaha

If you play a episode that you have corrected the season and episode on does the metadata populate? You may have to refresh the page after playing the item.

• 2 months later...
nonyhaha

I am so sorry to bring this up again, 

BUT! 

All cartoon series with season numbering before 1928 are not scraping in Emby. 

I just managed to get my hands on some older cartoons and this is the verdict: 

Felix the Cat - https://thetvdb.com/series/felix-the-cat - not scraping episodes up to 1927 inclusive

Van Beuren's Studios - https://thetvdb.com/series/van-beuren-studios-cartoons - not scraping up to episodes in the 1927th season inclusive. 

All the episodes before 1928 are taken to a "Season unknown". 

1.png
2.png

nonyhaha

All the episodes are named "SxxExx"

For these last 2 shows all the episodes are in one single follder. Episodes after 1928 get scraped and appear in correct seasons.

Happy2Play

It could be the metadata Emby received from TVDB in the {lang}.zip.

Happy2Play

Hi happy2play, any idea what i could do for this? This is not a new issue. I had this before thetvdb changes...

Not really, as only metadata can cause this or the lack there of.

Season unknown would mean the episode metadata would be missing the season.  If you looked at one of the episode "edit metadata" do you see a season in the UI?

nonyhaha

Although this did not work before, now it seems to display the episodes correctly. One must enter manually the title display name, season number and episode number.

Well, only a few episodes between 3 shows so it is ok for me.