Scraping not working correctly (disney shorts, looney tunes)

nonyhaha

nonyhaha

Hello, 

I have read a few threads on the forum, but I seem to be going nowhere. 

I have an issue others users have too, but I did not manage to resolve it. 

The episodes do not scrape OK. The seasons scrape up as per folders, but the episodes inside don't. 

As per the Github guide, I used:

show name S01E01 - Episode Name.ext

anything_1x02.ext

02 Episode Name.ext

May have been others too, but nothing worked. I used Filebot to rename everything according to thetbdb.com . (this results in: "show name 01x02 - episode name.xxx") 

Folder structure - I tried simple "xxxx\show name\1927\episodes" and "xxxx\show name\Season 1927\episodes" 

I tried, as per https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/38665-disney-animated-shorts-not-scraping-properly/page-3 to stop emby, delete library.db, start emby again. 

I deleted the entire library and recreated, to be sure nothing is wrong, the library type is set to "tv shows". 

The only agent is now set only to thetvdb, so there are no conflicts with other parties. 

Here are some photos: 

1926-emby-1.png
1926-emby-2.png
1926-folder.png
1927-emby.png
1927-foldeer-2.png
1927-folder-1.png
folder-structure.png

Any other thoughts, please let me know :)

EDIT: One misspelling in the title, if anybody can help :) 
Edited by nonyhaha

Hi, s1927.e15 is not part of our supported naming conventions so I'm not sure that will work.

It looks like they are recognized because the server was able to extract season and episode numbers. Did you check tvdb to see if there is a series with the same title, season and episode numbers? Is that how they're doing it on tvdb, season 1927?

nonyhaha

Hello Luke,

Season 27 recognises only one episode. You can see that in the folder there are many episodes not recognised. Thetvdb has this kind of naming for some shows, like disney animated shorts, looney tunes, mgm cartons...

adamstewiegreen

I'm not sure if this will help you but I have a collection of old looney tunes and used filebot to name them, all the files came up like this: "Looney Tunes - SXXXXEXX - Episode Name"

All the files are labelled with Looney Tunes, then S & the year they aired, E for episode number followed by - episode name

xxxxxx/Looney Tunes/Season 1931/Looney Tunes - SXXXXEXX - Episode Name.mkv

Emby identified all of them with no problems.

nonyhaha

Hi Adam. I do not know why but for me filebot does not name them like that. Do you remember exactly how you managed this?

L.E. I found out that in filebot you can edit the renaming structure. Now all looks ok, except seasons lower than 1928 in disney animated shorts. Looney tunes dows not go lower than 1929 so... it is ok. 

Edited by nonyhaha

adamstewiegreen

nonyhaha:  yeah, the dev has shortcuts to plex naming conventions too, and they work perfectly with Emby.

nonyhaha

I think there is a problem with fetching data from thetvdb for seasons up to 1928. I am looking at metadata manager. Recognized episodes get info about the correct year, episode name and description, and also thetvdb ID. Episodes that are not recognized (up to 1928) do not have this info. 

I entered manually the season and episode number and also thetvdb id for one of the episodes, tried refreshing metadata, but nothing gets added. Only what I entered. :( 

Happy2Play

It could be TVDB related as they are still doing a lot of v3 updating.  But it is really hard to say without replicating exact structure and naming scheme being used.

I think there is a problem with fetching data from thetvdb for seasons up to 1928. I am looking at metadata manager. Recognized episodes get info about the correct year, episode name and description, and also thetvdb ID. Episodes that are not recognized (up to 1928) do not have this info. 

I entered manually the season and episode number and also thetvdb id for one of the episodes, tried refreshing metadata, but nothing gets added. Only what I entered. :(

Please attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks.

Deathsquirrel

@@nonyhaha I created a Disney Animated Shorts Season 1926 for testing.  I created the following files by copying and renaming another disney short, and then scanned my library:

\\MyServerName\MyMovieShare\TV Shows\Disney Animated Shorts\Season 1926\Disney Animated Shorts S1926E01 Alice on the Farm.mkv

\\MyServerName\MyMovieShare\TV Shows\Disney Animated Shorts\Season 1926\Disney Animated Shorts S1926E02 Alice's Orphan.mkv

\\MyServerName\MyMovieShare\TV Shows\Disney Animated Shorts\Season 1926\Disney Animated Shorts S1926E03 Alice's Little Parade.mkv

\\MyServerName\MyMovieShare\TV Shows\Disney Animated Shorts\Season 1926\Disney Animated Shorts S1926E04 Alice's Mysterious Mystery.mkv

\\MyServerName\MyMovieShare\TV Shows\Disney Animated Shorts\Season 1926\Disney Animated Shorts S1926E05 Alice's Balloon Race.mkv

My results were similar.  Looking at my debug logs it looks like a metadata provider issue.

Post your logs as luke suggested, but this may just be a TVDB problem right now.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

@@nonyhaha I created a Disney Animated Shorts Season 1926 for testing.  I created the following files by copying and renaming another disney short, and then scanned my library:

\\MyServerName\MyMovieShare\TV Shows\Disney Animated Shorts\Season 1926\Disney Animated Shorts S1926E01 Alice on the Farm.mkv

\\MyServerName\MyMovieShare\TV Shows\Disney Animated Shorts\Season 1926\Disney Animated Shorts S1926E02 Alice's Orphan.mkv

\\MyServerName\MyMovieShare\TV Shows\Disney Animated Shorts\Season 1926\Disney Animated Shorts S1926E03 Alice's Little Parade.mkv

\\MyServerName\MyMovieShare\TV Shows\Disney Animated Shorts\Season 1926\Disney Animated Shorts S1926E04 Alice's Mysterious Mystery.mkv

\\MyServerName\MyMovieShare\TV Shows\Disney Animated Shorts\Season 1926\Disney Animated Shorts S1926E05 Alice's Balloon Race.mkv

My results were similar.  Looking at my debug logs it looks like a metadata provider issue.

Post your logs as luke suggested, but this may just be a TVDB problem right now.

Did the exact same test and I ended up with multi-version of all these episodes instead of individual episodes.

5d5de6fb28b1d_series.jpg

5d5de70969d82_season.jpg

5d5de71773832_episode.jpg

@@Luke

So there is a parsing issue (4 digit seasons) that shows this as Season19 Episode 26 and merges all the episode as multi-version.  You can see the issue in Next up with the identified naming.

My test was on 4.3.0.4

5d5de8d9f1c1e_issue.jpg

The en.xml from tvdb is correct.

Example season 1926 episode 1

<Episode>
  <id>4570038</id>
  <Combined_episodenumber>1</Combined_episodenumber>
  <Combined_season>1926</Combined_season>
  <DVD_chapter></DVD_chapter>
  <DVD_discid></DVD_discid>
  <DVD_episodenumber></DVD_episodenumber>
  <DVD_season></DVD_season>
  <Director>Walt Disney</Director>
  <EpImgFlag>1</EpImgFlag>
  <EpisodeName>Alice on the Farm</EpisodeName>
  <EpisodeNumber>1</EpisodeNumber>
  <FirstAired>1926-01-01</FirstAired>
  <GuestStars>Alice, Julius, Pete</GuestStars>
  <IMDB_ID>tt0016586</IMDB_ID>
  <Language>en</Language>
  <Overview>Julius is milking his musical cow when Pete kidnaps Alice. Julius chases him on a sawhorse and then wins Alice back in a duel.</Overview>
  <ProductionCode>ACL-16</ProductionCode>
  <Rating></Rating>
  <RatingCount>0</RatingCount>
  <SeasonNumber>1926</SeasonNumber>
  <Writer>Walt Disney</Writer>
  <absolute_number></absolute_number>
  <filename>episodes/78988/4570038.jpg</filename>
  <is_movie>0</is_movie>
  <lastupdated>1369176883</lastupdated>
  <seasonid>520141</seasonid>
  <seriesid>78988</seriesid>
  <thumb_added></thumb_added>
  <thumb_height>300</thumb_height>
  <thumb_width>400</thumb_width>
</Episode>
Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

Hmm, I had no issue adding Looney Tunes

Looney Tunes

Season 1930

Looney Tunes.S1930E02.Congo Jazz.disc

Looney Tunes.S1930E04.The Booze Hangs High.disc

So there would possible provider issue specific to that Series.

adamstewiegreen

It may be broken for movies too ... I didn't link them until now but I got Nosferatu (1922) a couple weeks ago and I had to specifically search the TMDB # in "identify" in order to get the right metadata.

It may be broken for movies too ... I didn't link them until now but I got Nosferatu (1922) a couple weeks ago and I had to specifically search the TMDB # in "identify" in order to get the right metadata.

That means we plugged that into Tmdb search and that's what it came back with. Also: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/76457-moviedb-down/

nonyhaha

I am sounding the alarm again :) Sorry Luke. 

As I am still working on my collections, I found out that collections that are not complete (in the looney tunes show) will not scrape correctly. Up to season 1934 i have them all, they scrape ok, are identified, all is ok: 

1.png

BUT, for the next season, which is incoplete: 

2.png

The naming inside the folders is the same. ex: Looney Tunes - S1935E10 - Into Your Dance.mkv

I am still in the process of downloading some episodes, but this might be an issue in emby.  

Also, I checked ant this is an issue also in Disney animated shorts... 

Try manually fixing the season and episode numbers for those episodes if they are not right. Then refresh the metadata and compare what you get to what is on tvdb.

nonyhaha

Hi. Sorry for the late reply. I was out for a little bit :). This morning when i came back to the server, all was ok with looney tunes. Might have been an issue with tvdb again.

Unfortunately disney shorts up to 1928 still represent a problem.

Try manually fixing the season and episode numbers for those episodes if they are not right. Then refresh the metadata and compare what you get to what is on tvdb.

nonyhaha

Hello! 

In season 1927 I edited the metadata for all episodes I have and there is a change, but it will not download anything new, even if I refresh all metadata of the season: 

new-edit.png

edit-2.png

nonyhaha

It does not download anything new from thetvdb after a refresh all metadata. Not even the tvdb or imdb id. All fields are empty in metadaya manager. Only date added, path, title, season and episode number, last two being the ones i edited.