Finding a large number of interface issues.

William LeDuc @gmail

William LeDuc @gmail

As I exercise more features I am finding more issues. I'm surprised that testers, if they a doing a through job, would not have noticed these things. II have been a software developer for 30 years so I understand the process. 

Issues found:

1. Like I previously reported about having to exit the library back to the home page and reenter the library because there were missing item, when  i tried selecting the "Favorites" box in the filter when in a Music Video library I found 4 item when I knew I had 30 or more. I thought about it awhile then exited the library back to the home page and then reentered the library and found all the items where there. Both are an obvious case where the library content page is not being properly maintained/updated.

2. Selected the "Favorites" in the filter while in a music library where I had no favorites lock up the app and I had to unplug the TV to get it working again.

3. Went to play a music file and got a message about not having a compatible player and then started playing the song and could not get it to stop until I unplugged the TV.

Then a question: Why does Movies and TV Shows libraries have a favorites tab at the top of the library, but Music and Music Videos library do not. Consistency is a good thing and in this case easier.

2. Selected the "Favorites" in the filter while in a music library where I had no favorites lock up the app and I had to unplug the TV to get it working again.

Hi, it doesn't lock up, but yes i can see how you might not be able to select anything. We'll look into it.

Then a question: Why does Movies and TV Shows libraries have a favorites tab at the top of the library, but Music and Music Videos library do not. Consistency is a good thing and in this case easier.

because for music, what are favorites? favorite songs, artists, or albums? Three favorites tabs would be too much. That's why they are sections on the music suggestions screen and you can click the section title for more.

William LeDuc @gmail

Item 2: I say locked up because I could not high-lite different menu items with the arrow keys and the Back button was not working so I had no choice but to restart the TV. I had trouble reproducing it and I finally found the situation. I went into the Movies library selected the Favorites box in the filter and no favorites show up (I don''t have any) then hit the back button and exited the library. Then reentered the Movie library and noticed the Favorites filter was still selected and at that point the Back button does not work and I can't select items with the arrow keys - no high-lighted menu item appears.

As to the favorites tab, I see it as a missed opportunity. Show all the favorites on the Favorites page. If you want it more granular use the Favorites box in the filter. I realize you may be struggling with how to present it. 

William LeDuc @gmail

Correction on item 2: The back button does work, but when reentering the library, there appears to be no way to enter the filter and deselect the Favorites box.and you can not select any tabs at the top - no high-lighted menu/cursor item appears. So at that point the library is not functional.

I don't think you read what I said about favorites. There's three different kinds. It would not make sense to mix all three in one list.