Deleting logs to add mount point killed server

bizarro252

bizarro252

Hello!

Today, in an attempt to be able to grab server logs faster (instead of via the web interface) I need to map the /var/db/emby-server/logs folder via a mount point so I can store/share them in a easier to access spot on the FreeNAS server.

I  cant add a mount point that has data in the destination folder (logs folder in the jail) so I shut down the jail, removed the log files and set up the mount point.

For some reason this killed the server, it will not restart, the jail starts up but the server doesn't come back up.  Trying to manually start the emby-server service it will not start.... I am confused, doesn't seem like this should have broke anything :(

I kept the jail in tact so let me know if there is anything I can do to help figure out what may have happened.

I started a new jail with a fresh install and tried to create this mount point from the start but it populated files in there already, tried to remove and mount again and it killed that install as well.

Thanks!

bizarro252

Hi Luke, I would like to be able to 'share' the directory so I can snag them out just over the network.  This is only because sometimes the logs are quite large and it takes forever for Chrome to load them over the web interface.

I don't quite follow the link you provided, I didn't think FreeBSD uses .net, but I could just be misunderstanding.  

I tried creating a new jail/fresh install, moving the files in the logs folder, adding the mount point and then moving the files back but still broke things - super weird.

If this is just not something that is going to work I will look into a script to copy the logs over to a share directory and pull them as needed.

Thanks

bizarro252

Thanks, will figure out another way to share the log folder to make it easier to snag them.  Am I misunderstanding the .net issue you posted?  I didn't think that FreeBSD was on .net yet.