Camera Upload won't work anymore.

Mambobuzzz

Mambobuzzz

Hi,

Camera upload feature did work for me till the 9th august. Since then, no photo is uploaded anymore.

Feature is active on my android app, Server is configured. Everything ok, but no photo upload anymore.

One bonus question, is there a way I could prevent Whatsapp pictures from beeing uploaded too?

Can some help? :)

Thanks,

Mambobuzzz

rechigo

This is resolved in the current update. I am also very pleased with the new download manager so far, it has resolved quite a few issue

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
speedingcheetah

I am not able to get Camera upload to work.

I enabled it on my spare phone to test it out, gave it permissions.

The folder on the server is set and has permissions.

Does the server log report anything the mobile app does if it is trying to uplaod anything?

On the phone, nothing is happening.

I also do not see any options to add other folder on the phone, such as the Screenshots folder and other apps folders that save images  like Twitter etc.

Emby app version is 3.0.87

Server version: 4.3.1.0

Edited by speedingcheetah

speedingcheetah

Did you try taking a picture with your Android camera app and then waiting a little while?

lolz. yes, of course. would think that would be oblivious that is what i meant by cant get to work. 

I have onedrive also set for cam upload and that does it mere seconds after i take a pic.

The feature will be revamped in the next release so you may want to re-evaluate then. But 3.0.87 will work just fine if enabled and if photos are saved to system photo folders.

speedingcheetah

The feature will be revamped in the next release so you may want to re-evaluate then. But 3.0.87 will work just fine if enabled and if photos are saved to system photo folders.

Images from the camera is saved in DCIM/Camera on every phone i have owned.

But other apps save things many places. 

There is also the generic Download folder where many things end up. That to I would want uploaded to the server, whatever those files may be,

speedingcheetah

Ah....pics did show up after what has now been 2 hours or so.

but Emby seems to thing they are videos, as i get the play icon over the image and on the bottom bar.

guess ill wait for a while for when ever the re-vamp comes out.