Emby seems very slow on my new DS118

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

How does the web app compare?

If we're talking about the web page that I use to access my library via my chrome browser on my desktop then that is .. borderline.   I've found that if the apps on my box start labouring under trying to do something, the web page subsequently follows - i've just loaded it up after trying the app again and it's populating one of my movie libraries veeeerrry slooowly.

I suspect if I left it 10-20 minutes, it would be fine.

If we're talking about the 'regular' Emby app, and not the 'Emby for Android TV' then it's unusable.

I installed it and ran it.   It was almost like trying to watch someone pull a car along the road with their teeth.   I had to reboot the android box midway through because it had ground to a halt, but that seems to leave Emby grinding away in the background on my NAS because if i then subsequently try to access it again, nothing happens.

I do have a lot of movie films that are fairly large - I've recently got a 4K TV so i'm trying some 4K content where the files can be upwards of 8-10gb in size as well if that makes any difference.

And all the while, Kodi accesses and plays all of this stuff - even the 4K stuff - without a peep.

Edited by ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I thought I might have figured it out just now.  And by "figured it out" I mean "I randomly tried something" by changing the port setting on my router to "UDP" instead of "Both".    Loaded up the Emby for Android TV app and, initially, everything was fine.   Flew through the navigation, populated the correct artwork and metadata and then I decided to press "play" on something.

The circle has been spinning on a black screen for the last five minutes.

So I'm out.   I haven't got the inclanation to try and figure this out on my own and when Kodi does the job perfectly well without any delays, I've got no reason to persist, even though I greatly prefer Emby and it's overall layout and way of doing things.

Edited by ClemFandango

ClemFandango

It appears i'm not the only one who is having problems with Emby being slow and unresponsive on a DS118

So I don't know why, but when using Emby on the DS118 it was a very slow and unresponsive experience

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/67371-my-expiriences-with-emby-as-a-plex-user/&do=findComment&comment=671548