Emby Theater black screen...now won't re-install

Gyp Joe

Gyp Joe

Hi Fellas:

I've been using Emby for a few months now with no major issues with the exception it doesn't like my Hauppage too much.

Anyway, i turned on Emby theater the other day and was welcomed to a black scrren.  I restarted, tried purging the service file, uninstalled/reinstalled but still got a black screen however the server was fine (same box).

I noticed that my server version was out-of-date so I tried to install the new version.  It finished the install however it still said it was the old version.

So...then I got frustrated and uninstalled the server, manually re-installed the newer version and it seems functional.

When I try to install Theater however it refuses to install.  It just flashes the checking requirements box.

Any advice is appreciated.

It seems functional on my other PC and Roku so it's just the main server pc that I'm experiencing issues.

W10 1903.

Thanks

Hi there, what do you mean by refuses to install? What requirements box are you referring to?

Gyp Joe

Hi there, what do you mean by refuses to install? What requirements box are you referring to?

It just opens "verifying requirements.." box and then quickly closes.

I can see the app in add/remove but it won't let me uninstall it now - throws an error:

...cannot find...MediaBrowser.Uninstaller.exe...

Happy2Play

It just opens "verifying requirements.." box and then quickly closes.

I can see the app in add/remove but it won't let me uninstall it now - throws an error:

...cannot find...MediaBrowser.Uninstaller.exe...

If I remember correctly there have been cases where the uninstall registry key has been left behind on a uninstall.  So it is uninstalled but still appears in Apps and Features.

Mentioned in this topic and linked to another.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56800-how-do-i-uninstall-emby-theater/

Gyp Joe

Ok this is really strange - it wasn't in the start menu all day yesterday yet it magically appeared overnite and is working again!

Thanks for your help with this fellas.