Error launching Emby when no internet on ATV

mrmarkfr

mrmarkfr

Our internet went down today, and usually when that happens, we lose access to our streaming services, but Emby continues to work fine on our ATV4.

This time, I get the message "Error Launching Emby", The operation couldn't be completed, TVMlkitErrorDomain Error 3.

I tried my Fire TV, and without internet, it's stuck on Home or Network, no apps show up.

Is there a network check that Emby does when first firing up?  Is there a way around this?

The server still is online, and the pc can stream from the server with no issue, as can the phones, but ATV and Fire aren't working

vdatanet

I don’t have a Fire TV, so I can’t talk about it. But I can say that Apple TV requires an internet connection to work. It’s not a bug, it’s application design.

Edited by vdatanet

Yes, the Apple TV app is delivered using an online strategy at this time.

As for the Fire - our app should work fine.  However, I'm not sure the entire Fire TV interface works without internet.  Remember, Amazon only really sold you that device so you could stream their content :).

mrmarkfr

If anyone else runs into this, on the fire, with no internet, you won't see the home screen, but you can still launch emby through the settings/application menu, or by holding down the home button to get to apps

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If anyone else runs into this, on the fire, with no internet, you won't see the home screen, but you can still launch emby through the settings/application menu, or by holding down the home button to get to apps

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip.