Error playing video through web client

Zxian

V0RT3X

http://goo.gl/xyhHLm

The link is to a re-encoded version of the original file that fails for me. This is just the first 5 minutes of the video (~80 MB), but still produces the same issue as described in this entire thread. 

The LibraryMonitor has also shown errors like the following this morning. Not sure if this is a related issue or not:

Can confirm, it plays the first time then get the same error every subsequent time after that. This is the same behavior that I generally get as well. The very first time immediately after the movie was scanned, it works. Then get the same error after that.

http://goo.gl/xyhHLm

The link is to a re-encoded version of the original file that fails for me. This is just the first 5 minutes of the video (~80 MB), but still produces the same issue as described in this entire thread. 

The LibraryMonitor has also shown errors like the following this morning. Not sure if this is a related issue or not:

2014-06-04 11:07:22.8851 Error - LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: \\CORUSCANT\Storage\Videos\Formula 1
	The specified network name is no longer available
	System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
	No Stack Trace Available

2014-06-04 11:07:22.8851 Error - LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: \\CORUSCANT\Storage\Videos\Movies
	No Stack Trace Available

2014-06-04 11:07:22.8851 Info - LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path \\CORUSCANT\Storage\Videos\Formula 1
2014-06-04 11:07:22.8851 Error - LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: \\CORUSCANT\Storage\Videos\TV
	No Stack Trace Available

2014-06-04 11:07:22.9008 Info - LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path \\CORUSCANT\Storage\Videos\TV
2014-06-04 11:07:22.8851 Info - LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path \\CORUSCANT\Storage\Videos\Movies

This file would not play for me at all in chrome, but i was able to fix it. if you guys want to produce any other samples please do so.

Guys, seems like a lot of people are having this same problem. I submitted my post a few days ago about the same thing:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/7724-video-error-there-was-an-error-playing-the-video/ 

This is getting pretty bad as now I have dozens of videos with this problem. Worse is the android and iOS client would not even work with these problematic videos. My iOS app crashed to the home screen while trying to open these videos and my android client refused to play. 

can you dropbox an example file? Thanks.

mbnwa

Due to my issue being primarily live tv streaming I am not sure how I can give you a sample file however I am willing to give you access so we can do some live testing you should have all my contact info in your PM

Zxian

How can I send you a sample file?(sorry fo rthe newb question) 

Thanks

Dropbox is a good option. Upload the file to your account, and you should find an option in the right-click menu to "Share Link". This will only work if the file is a reasonable size though.

For all we know every report in this thread could be different, so sample files are really the best thing if you want your problem resolved.

mbnwa

Any updates to this issue? Any expected patch release ETA? (I also tested latest dev build and it's still broke in it as well)

Edited by mbnwa

I can't reproduce anymore so if it's a video I"ll need sample files. If it's live tv, make sure your server wmc app installation is up to date.