Emby preventing sleep

jonboyuk

jonboyuk

Recently Emby has been keeping my Synology NAS from entering Disk Hibernation.

It was suggested on here that I turn off Auto Port Mapping, which I did and it fixed it :)

However since the most recent update, it's preventing Disk Hibernation again, but the port mapping is still switched off. What changed in the update? :/

FrostByte

I haven't configured it to sleep, just scheduled power off/on.  I'll set it up to sleep though to see if it works.

There's another long thread in here also on the issue I need to re-read

FrostByte

Okay, HDD hibernation turned on and no DLNA.  I'll watch for the lights after we're done watching

FrostByte

No it does not.  I've turned off RTM, DLNA, Port Mapping and I even tried removing my NAS from the network and the NAS will not hibernate with Emby running.  However, with Emby shut down they do hibernate.

did you remove the port mapper and dlna plugins altogether? do you have any other plugins that you've added aside from the pre-installed ones?

FrostByte

Nothing at all.

From the log you can see I removed the network at ~0147 and plugged it back in at ~0201.  I'm not seeing anything in the log between those times and the HDD didn't hibernate. 

Though when I shutdown Emby and do it again the system goes to sleep and the lights go out and when they wake up I'll see a message like this in the Synology log "Internal disks woke up from hibernation.".

https://pastebin.com/avctUs9x

FrostByte

do you have schedule tasks ? emby or syno apps schedule tasks prevents the syno to go to sleep

No Emby tasks scheduled during the times when tested.  Nothing seen in the logs

I have no Synology tasks scheduled at all.  In fact I shutdown everything on the Synology (Surveilance Center, etc) except Emby and it never hibernates even when waiting an hour.  As soon as I shutdown Emby then 10 mins later the system hibernates.

No Emby tasks scheduled during the times when tested.  Nothing seen in the logs

I have no Synology tasks scheduled at all.  In fact I shutdown everything on the Synology (Surveilance Center, etc) except Emby and it never hibernates even when waiting an hour.  As soon as I shutdown Emby then 10 mins later the system hibernates.

Can you enable debug logging, restart the server, then repeat the test? Let's see if anything gets printed to the log. thanks.

FrostByte

Okay, I got my NAS to both hibernate the HDD after 10 mins and Sleep 10 mins after that with the network cables removed.  I'm going to try and see if it will hibernate with the network connected now.