Playback error when using web app launched from Organizr

Endorphins

Endorphins

Hi everyone, a friend of mine was trying to watch a movie remotely with their iPad through Chrome. They received the "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details" error. I tried watching through a Windows PC locally and a Linux PC remotely (both through the Chrome webapp) and had no issues.

Looking at the logs, I believe the following stack trace is the problem (it occurs right as they are attempting to watch):

2019-08-04 23:12:45.588 Info App: Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue: Starting User Changes Sync...
2019-08-04 23:12:45.591 Error App: Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue: An Error Has Occurred in UserUpdateTimerCallback: One or more errors occurred. (Method not found: 'System.String MediaBrowser.Model.IO.IFileSystem.ReadAllText(System.String, System.Text.Encoding)'.)
2019-08-04 23:12:45.594 Error App: One or more errors occurred. (Method not found: 'System.String MediaBrowser.Model.IO.IFileSystem.ReadAllText(System.String, System.Text.Encoding)'.)
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.2.0.40
    Command line: C:\Users\tyler\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///C:/Users/tyler/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 4
    Program data path: C:\Users\tyler\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
    Application directory: C:\Users\tyler\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    System.AggregateException: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Method not found: 'System.String MediaBrowser.Model.IO.IFileSystem.ReadAllText(System.String, System.Text.Encoding)'.) ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String MediaBrowser.Model.IO.IFileSystem.ReadAllText(System.String, System.Text.Encoding)'.
     at NanoApi.File.Read[T]()
     at NanoApi.JsonFile`1.Select(Predicate`1 lambda)
     at Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.Data.DbRepo.<>c__DisplayClass27_0.<SetUserInfoSync>b__0(UserItemDataDto dto)
     at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
     at Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.Data.DbRepo.SetUserInfoSync(List`1 dtos, List`1 itemRefs, String userName, String userId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.EntryPoints.UserSyncNotification.<>c__DisplayClass22_0.<SaveUserChanges>b__0()
     at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
     at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot)
     at Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.EntryPoints.UserSyncNotification.SaveUserChanges(List`1 dtos, List`1 itemRefs, String userName, String userId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.EntryPoints.UserSyncNotification.SendNotifications(IEnumerable`1 changes, List`1 itemRefs, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
     at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAllCore(Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.EntryPoints.UserSyncNotification.UpdateTimerCallback(Object state)
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String MediaBrowser.Model.IO.IFileSystem.ReadAllText(System.String, System.Text.Encoding)'.
     at Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.Data.DbRepo.<>c__DisplayClass27_0.<SetUserInfoSync>b__0(UserItemDataDto dto)
     at Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.Data.DbRepo.SetUserInfoSync(List`1 dtos, List`1 itemRefs, String userName, String userId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.EntryPoints.UserSyncNotification.<>c__DisplayClass22_0.<SaveUserChanges>b__0()
     at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
     at Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.EntryPoints.UserSyncNotification.SaveUserChanges(List`1 dtos, List`1 itemRefs, String userName, String userId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.EntryPoints.UserSyncNotification.SendNotifications(IEnumerable`1 changes, List`1 itemRefs, CancellationToken cancellationToken)<---

Source: System.Private.CoreLib
    TargetSite: Void ThrowAggregateException(System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Exception])
    InnerException: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String MediaBrowser.Model.IO.IFileSystem.ReadAllText(System.String, System.Text.Encoding)'.
    Source: Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue
    TargetSite: NanoApi.Entities.Foo`1[T] Read[T]()
     at Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.EntryPoints.UserSyncNotification.SendNotifications(IEnumerable`1 changes, List`1 itemRefs, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

I restarted Emby after they encountered this problem the first time since it needed to update, but this did not fix the problem. They tried watching two different movies and the same error was logged both times. 

Server is running on Windows 10, version 4.2.0.40.

Any ideas what might be happening (please let me know if you need more information)?

Endorphins

I've attached the original log (from last night) as well as the log from today where I asked them to try on their phone (an iPhone). They don't have a non-iOS device to test with unfortunately. I don't see the error I mentioned in my original post, so maybe that was a red herring.

From yesterday's log, they tried to watch Avengers: End Game (at 11:12PM) and Aladdin (at 11:14PM). From today's log they tried to watch Avengers: End Game (at 3:46PM).

EmbyServer_8-4-2019.log

EmbyServer_8-5-2019.log

Endorphins

To clarify, is this in Settings > Playback > Video Quality > Internet Quality? If so, I believe that is currently set to "Auto" for them. Do you have a specific suggestion as to what value they should use?

Endorphins

They tried 144p (the lowest setting) as well as 480p (420Kbps) and (480p 1Mbps), all resulting in the same error message. I will attach the log when I get home from work tonight.

Endorphins

I haven't been able to reproduce myself, but this has happened any time they try (just had them try again).

I've tried to replicate their situation as best I can by being logged in to the same user and being remote. Haven't been able to try from the same network they are on, or the another iOS device (I don't own any).

Endorphins

They are back in town, so I tried it with their iPad from a remote network and from my local network and the device is still running into this issue.

However, my setup up is such that I have everyone connect through Organizr (I'm on v1.8 which is old at this point), which has a tab that connects them to Emby. When I go iPad > Safari > Organizr > Emby, I get the error. When I go iPad > Safari > Emby there is no error. I've attached the logs from earlier in case it's helpful.

Seems like the issue is connecting through Organizr (still only encountered this on the two iOS devices that my friend owns and nothing else). Not sure if the issue is on Organizr's end or on Emby's end though.

EmbyServer_8-8-2019.log

Ok thanks for the info. Do they need to get in that way? I can certainly answer questions and do m my best to help if someone from organizr wants to reach out. But I'm not really able to debug this personally right now.

Endorphins

Totally understand, sorry for the trouble.

I'll do some more work to update to Organizr v2 (there was a bit of a rehaul I guess and I can't just auto update to it), but maybe it'll just work with the newer version.

- Do they need to get in that way?

I'd prefer to keep them coming in through Organizr. I have a couple other things set up and I'd prefer to not make them need to remember the ports for the different services and I'd also prefer not to open up ports for everything. I'll probably open Emby's port while I try to get this working though.

I'll update this post if I do end up finding anything useful. Thanks!

The nature of what they're doing means they need to stay on top of any changes to our web app, and that in turn means at the very least you'll need to stay on top of their updates. There were some significant changes to our web app with Emby Server 4.2, so I imagine an older version of Organizr will not be able to handle it.

WilhelmStroker

For what it's worth, I just tested watching a video through the web app in Organizr v2 (and Edge Chromium) and that worked without issues. Probably worth updating organizr as there's a lot of improvements in V2.