Amazon tablet - playback stops after a few seconds

windj

I've had this issue through a number of releases and just now reporting it. I've install the emby app through the google play store. Video playback will start successfully and then stop after a few seconds (usually 4-5, sometimes up to 30). The app automatically closes and playback stops. However, there is usually still a notification that a video is playing in the notification bar with playback controls (however it is unresponsive). this happens whether streaming from the emby server or if I've downloaded a copy to the device.

Server logs are attached. I was unable to find app logs as the logs folder doesn't appear to exist on this device in the normal place.

I'm not sure what version it stopped working, but it's been many months. I side loaded a copy of Emby for Android 3.0.21 that I had apparently saved at one point and it appears to work fine.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Great news everyone. Emby for Android 3.3.29 is available in the Amazon App Store.

Please try it out and report your experience. Thanks !