Covers for Music Videos .175 - Bug?

unisoft

But I really could make something with a mascot. If I had a mascot I could do things I have in mind but cannot because Emby lacks a mascot. I could do frame animation just like a video game and walk the little guy out to tell you stuff rather than slide those dialogs out to tell you errors happened. You go damnit not platy again. Yep just got platypus'd again.

Remember Microsoft's animated paperclip?  Remember how it was ripped out almost immediately?

'nuff said ;)

Remember Microsoft's animated paperclip?  Remember how it was ripped out almost immediately?

'nuff said ;)

Remember how people are bring back the 80's .. around 8-10 years ago (30 year anniversay of 80s).. (10 years forward would be "bring back the 90's" wouldn't it.. 30 year anniversary of 90s.. aka 2020)?

'nuff said.. lol.. the future repeats itself. The first run usually is unsuccessful. The relaunch usually is stronger. The first clippy was a paper clip. These are zany creatures animated and not always the same creature used for each event. Each creature appears with the event. So it becomes common for people to use the character to reference the error/event after. 

First guy, Did you watch that new movie?

Second guy, Nah, I got the alligator.

First guy, yeah, what did the alligator say though..

Second guy, It said something like "No compatible streams". I hate that alligator!

First guy, yeah, be glad it wasn't the platypus he shows up when it can't even connect to the stream. That means you might as well say what it means, DAMN IT!

Second guy, yeah I get why they used a platypus for that total failure message. That is comical. Why is the success message a frog?

First guy, I think they use the frog when it is okay to jump back into the pond. Like safe enough a frog jumped in. When it is just asking a question it uses that frog.

Second guy, then why is the dialog using a big Alaskan moose?

First guy, when a moose stands in your way you must stop and do something. I get that creature too. I like the fact it is a zoo.

Second guy, remember Clippy?

First guy, yeah and it was always Clippy. Why didn't Clippy have friends? There are more things in the drawer than just paper clips. Microsoft was odd.

Second guy, now I just got a weird one when I logged in. My server wasn't up and I got a giant Ostrich with his head in the sand. This shit is comedy gold.

First guy, I told you these guys have fun with stuff like Google does. Not boring Microsoft ways. Apples and Oranges... I like oranges.

Second guy, me too.. This creature shit may grow on me.. haw

First guy, right.. its stupid, but cute, and my wife likes it so 'nuff said.

Basically it can be different and done better than just Clippy. These creatures would replace the initial slide out of the animation to slide these out. Instead a creature walks out, or wobbles out, or gets out there somehow. The creature can even fly out there if we want birds. Then after it lands, goes to where it needs to stand etc, the dialog then fills in around it. Giving the full dialog and textual context to the user. The creature then performs its idle gestures. And taps it feet. Sticks out its tongue. and waits for you to dismiss the dialog that creature is in charge of. When you dismiss it fades the dialog and that creature walks/flies/does-it-thing-to-get back offscreen. Taking no longer to get on or off screen any longer than the original slide-in message takes. So there is no time waste and you get a cool effect on top to give you something in that interval of time and perhaps remove aggravation. You are mad when errors happen. A little comedy when those errors happen "lightens the load" so to speak. These "touches" add magic/charm/whimsy and bring back that feeling of being a child.

@@Luke @@ebr for example: https://axesslab.com/charm/ excellent points made there

Edited by speechles