Photo

Question about auto collections

collection

Best Answer Happy2Play , 16 July 2019 - 10:54 PM

The "AutoBoxSets" plugin gets the collectionid from the metadata as TMDB has them as part of the collection.

https://www.themovie...inja-collection

If you don't want them as a collection you will have to remove the collectionid from the item metadata and lock the metadata, then delete the collection via the UI.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sundevil67 OFFLINE  

sundevil67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Local time: 02:17 AM

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:22 PM

I'm not sure how much the screenshot helps, but for some reason, the system automatically creates a 'collection' for these 2 movies even though they are not technically related other than the fact that they have the same name in the title:

1) Enter the Ninja

2) Revenge of the Ninja

Don't judge me for my bad taste in cheesy 80's ninja movies  B)

I keep deleting the collection, only to have it show up again the next day. Any idea what's happening here?

Attached Files

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138075 posts
  • Local time: 05:17 AM

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:31 PM

Hi there, did you check MovieDb to see if this is listed there?

#3 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 15726 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:54 PM   Best Answer

The "AutoBoxSets" plugin gets the collectionid from the metadata as TMDB has them as part of the collection.

https://www.themovie...inja-collection

If you don't want them as a collection you will have to remove the collectionid from the item metadata and lock the metadata, then delete the collection via the UI.

• ebr likes this

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138075 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 09:01 PM

I'm not sure how much the screenshot helps, but for some reason, the system automatically creates a 'collection' for these 2 movies even though they are not technically related other than the fact that they have the same name in the title:

Hi, the "system" gets this information from MovieDb. Based on that, why do you feel that it's a problem?

#5 sundevil67 OFFLINE  

sundevil67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:30 AM

Thanks so much for trying to help! Mea culpa - I blew it this time & Emby was correct! So sorry - my ninja-movie memory  :ph34r: isn't what it used to be & I'd actually forgotten the details related to this franchise. The 2nd movie was technically a sequel even though it ignores the first chapter & has a different cast...It's one of those random one-offs in a franchise like Friday the 13th V, Fast and Furious 3, etc. Anyway, case closed. Thanks anyway  :unsure:  

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 138075 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users