Issues with xmltv guide data

Sammy

Sammy

I decided to give epg123 / Schedules Direct a whirl again as I want to edit my channel numbers due to Spectrum's illogical grouping of channels. As a start I'm just using the channel numbers as they come and have got missing data in the guide displayed in Emby.

Here's a screen shot, a couple of server logs and an epg123 trace log.

The epg123.xmltv file is still generating but I'll upload that soon.

5d2dfdd6d153e_EmbyGuide.jpg

Emby Log 20190714_12am.zip (Had to zip, too large)

Emby Log 20190715_12am.txt

epg123.txt

post-110-0-82884300-1563295159_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sammy

Have you checked the xml data to see that it has programs for those channels at those particular times? have you checked the mapping tool to ensure that tuner channels are mapped to epg channels? the answer is likely one of those two.

• Like 1

Sammy

Have you checked the xml data to see that it has programs for those channels at those particular times? have you checked the mapping tool to ensure that tuner channels are mapped to epg channels? the answer is likely one of those two.

I will and I'll report back. Thanks for the quick response, Luke!

Sammy

For example OTA 7.1 and Cable 707 are the same channel and appear together in the xmltv file. 707 doesn't have 707 to map to in Emby. Is this the issue? Do I need to manually map all these? I want OTA to specifically record on the OTA tuner as I have eight of those and only 3 CableCARD tuners. If I point 707 to 7.1 will it record from OTA or Cable?

5d2e0c2a87d0c_707.jpg

post-110-0-97384600-1563298837_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sammy

You should check the mapping tool to ensure that each tuner channel is mapped to an epg channel. If any are blank there will be no guide data.

Sammy

If I point 707 to 7.1 will it record from OTA or Cable?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Sammy

I guess it isn't too too bad..

There's about 12 to 15 I'll need to go through and manually match in Emby but IDK which tuner will be pulled when tuning or recording. I want to use the 8 OTA tuners I have as a priority over the 3 CableCARD tuners I have. I know it is an ongoing request but how's that improvement to channel management coming along?

Thanks @@Luke

Sammy

I'm trying to get myself freed up so that i can focus on it. thanks.

I wouldn't mind if you went silent for spell!

Sammy

@@Luke

That came out all wrong! What I mean to say is I would not mind if you focused on coding for a while and we didn't hear from you in the forums. Sorry!

kanipek

If I point 707 to 7.1 will it record from OTA or Cable?

Guide data and channel mapping will have no effect on the physical settings of the tuners. If they are set to OTA that is what they will use, same for CATV.

Sammy

Guide data and channel mapping will have no effect on the physical settings of the tuners. If they are set to OTA that is what they will use, same for CATV.

So in the channel mapping both 7.1 and 707 grab data from the epg123.xmltv file using the same channel ID#. As a matter of fact these two as well as Cable TV channel 7 all share the same channel ID#.

Which tuner will Emby pick if selecting 707 or 7.1? (7 is SD and disabled BTW) Is it random?

Edited by Sammy

kanipek

So in the channel mapping both 7.1 and 707 grab data from the epg123.xmltv file using the same channel ID#. As a matter of fact these two as well as Cable TV channel 7 all share the same channel ID#.

Which tuner will Emby pick if selecting 707 or 7.1? (7 is SD and disabled BTW) Is it random?

It will pick from the pool of available tuners, so tailor you tuner setup to meet your needs.

Example: My Prime with CableCard gets all the same channels as my Extends, plus a lot only received by the CableCard (some are duplicates of other channels like you). I set the prime up to enable only the channels that require the CableCard plus I disable all of the duplicate channels (7.1/707 in your case). I want the CableCard only used for channels that need it, why waste a CC tuner to record a channel I can get on another tuner?

TL;DR->>>Yes it is random from the pool available to Emby.

• Like 1

Sammy

Never TL:DR!

That seems a reasonable solution. I hardly doubt I'll ever need more than 8 tuners for OTA.. I got an extra Quatro Tuner for PremiumTV and we all know how that turned out. But during prime recording season, I do have four OTA tuners active quite often, but never have I seen five even.. I'm going to re-number everything anyhow, so I'll just use the OTA tuners for the OTA channels when I do that, creating my own custom guide..

garyan2

Here is some detail on the XMLTV channels generated by EPG123. If emby would recognize multiple channel numbers for each station then they would get automatically mapped along with all the others.

To do what you want to do, @@Sammy, I would disable the channels on the CableCARD that are duplicated on your OTA tuners. Otherwise, manually map the channels appropriately... just like @@kanipek described.

Sammy

Here is some detail on the XMLTV channels generated by EPG123. If emby would recognize multiple channel numbers for each station then they would get automatically mapped along with all the others.

To do what you want to do, @@Sammy, I would disable the channels on the CableCARD that are duplicated on your OTA tuners. Otherwise, manually map the channels appropriately... just like @@kanipek described.

I did read that even before you brought it to my attention. It is a similar issue but not quite the same. Either way, I've figured out what is going on with the dual listings in the xmltv file. I have also disabled all OTA channels on my Prime to ensure they don't get pulled for recording per another tip I found either here or on TGB forums.

Thanks Gary!