Emby for kodi not respecting custom watched and resume points in advancedsettings.xml

fr0z3n
Go to solution Solved by sualfred,

fr0z3n

In kodi advancedsettings.xml you can define custom start and end points for watched / resume points.

Im trying to make kodi start a resume point from 15 seconds in the video, so I added this line in advanced settings

<advancedsettings>

<video> <ignoresecondsatstart>15</ignoresecondsatstart>

</video>

</advancedsettings>

What am I finding is that even with this as my setting, kodi/emby still needs to wait the default 180 seconds before creating a resume point.

Is this a bug in emby for kodi not respecting the advanced settings xml file, or have I done something wrong? Has anyone confirmed emby for kodi respects this setting in advancedsettings.xml?

• Solution
sualfred

Configure it in your Emby server webgui in the library setting. These things have to be controlled by the backend.

Emby for Kodi is sometimes a "one-way-synchronisation":

Kodi starts playback -> addon informs the server and tells it when the user stops the playback -> server is updating the item on its end -> server sends new resume point to Kodi -> addon is overwriting the resume point to be in sync with the server.

Edited by sualfred
  • Like 1

fr0z3n

Perfect thanks for that clarification, I knew it would be simple, just for the life of my could not find this setting the server. Got it working perfectly now.

Cheers

• Like 1

I'm having a similar issue, could you please specify which setting to mofify in particular? I can't seem to find anything along those lines. Thanks!

Angelblue05

I'm having a similar issue, could you please specify which setting to mofify in particular? I can't seem to find anything along those lines. Thanks!

Open your Emby server dashboard > libraries > select the library you want to modify this behavior for > manage the library > enable advanced settings. Scroll to the bottom of the list of settings, you should see the option to change this value.