Support for TV Everywhere in Emby EPG and DVR?

Sammy

Sammy

BTW, Fitzy.tv has it with a cloud DVR too.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sammy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
StrangledSyntax

I already subscribe to Channels, but this would be awesome to have available within Emby! Hopefully this gets added!!

breezytm

That's a pretty good request. Adding my support for it. I have a premier account but I would be willing to donate to this development since I am sure that would take away resources from existing projects. 

• 3 weeks later...
CarloDiGi

+1 It would be really great to see TV everywhere in Emby! If I had 1 vote this would be it. Also Fitzytv seems to work well but I have not tried Channels implementation yet.

pRonclus

+1 for TV Everywhere support also! (I'm already an Emby Premier member, but would consider a reasonable one-time fee for this feature.)

Edited by pRonclus

MaxPower

Agreed.  I would also pay extra for this even though I am a premier member.    I already pay for Channels app, but would be happier to have it under the Emby app so that a second app isn't needed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
hayrund

+1 This would be a game changer.  I also use Channels and think it's great, but would love to have everything in one spot.  Is this in the queue at all?  Just curious and trying to gauge expectations.  I would also consider paying an additional one-time fee to help support this effort.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Longshore Networks

For everyone still interested in this. I am as well & would love to see it. I don't see Emby spending time to get this done anytime soon. I have 2 suggestions for you as a work around to have everything in one source. First if you have the beta version of Channels DVR they have a feature to include you locally stored movies & tv shows, so you can have all your antenna, TVE channels & movies all in Channels. 2nd option is to just take the m3u playlist from Channels DVR & add into Emby as a TV source & you can have it all together in Emby. Personally I've got my system setup both ways. All my recordings & new movies go to specific locations on my server & both Channels & Emby pull from it.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I think this is more an advanced user type functionality and kind of look at this a bit different. Right now you can setup both Locast and TVE in Channels DVR then can simply forget about it an use the M3U output in Emby.

So once setup it's really just like being in Emby as the Channels DVR feed acts like a "dumb tuner".  It's really not any more expensive for most people then having to rent a cable card you'd need anyway for a tuner such as an HDHomeRun Prime.

Would it be cool to have it built in? Sure but then the ongoing maintenance of keeping up with stream changes and things would pull Emby away from other things they could be working on.  To me Channels DVR is like a "plugin" for content on my system.

59 minutes ago, cayars said:

I think this is more an advanced user type functionality and kind of look at this a bit different. Right now you can setup both Locast and TVE in Channels DVR then can simply forget about it an use the M3U output in Emby.

So once setup it's really just like being in Emby as the Channels DVR feed acts like a "dumb tuner".  It's really not any more expensive for most people then having to rent a cable card you'd need anyway for a tuner such as an HDHomeRun Prime.

Would it be cool to have it built in? Sure but then the ongoing maintenance of keeping up with stream changes and things would pull Emby away from other things they could be working on.  To me Channels DVR is like a "plugin" for content on my system.

To simplify things maybe a ChannelsDVR Plugin needs to be developed?

That said, if I'm going to pay $8/month for TVE, why not pay it to Emby? This could also be an add-on service in Emby to generate revenue and cover the costs of maintaining it. In other words, I'd gladly pay a small monthly fee for this expanded functionality.

• Like 1

No need for a plugin, just feed the m3u file into Emby and map your channels like you would for any other tuner.

I don't disagree with the money part but at the same time this type of service which likely doesn't have the blessing of Locast & TVE is probably questionable and could get shut down at any time. I'd hate to see months of work go down the drain.

But for now it's not a hard setup and works well in Emby so there is a way to integrate it now.

But this is a request and should be treated as that so with enough people asking for it...

16 minutes ago, cayars said:

No need for a plugin, just feed the m3u file into Emby and map your channels like you would for any other tuner.

I don't disagree with the money part but at the same time this type of service which likely doesn't have the blessing of Locast & TVE is probably questionable and could get shut down at any time. I'd hate to see months of work go down the drain.

But for now it's not a hard setup and works well in Emby so there is a way to integrate it now.

But this is a request and should be treated as that so with enough people asking for it...

I know how to do this and you know how to do this but maybe a plugin would simplify things for users that don't know how to do this.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sammy said:

I know how to do this and you know how to do this but maybe a plugin would simplify things for users that don't know how to do this.

It is no different than setting up any other m3u tuner...

M3U Tuners

• Like 2