Thumb Up/Thumb Down selection?

Scott750

Scott750

Ah I get it. It's helpful with multiple users. I'm just using a single admin user so I was confused why I would dislike my own stuff.  :)

Scott750

In the Dashboard WebUI, I can understand the reason behind the favorites choice, but why is there a Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down? Especially the Thumbs Down. I mean if I deem a movie I dislike, why would I keep it in my collection? Or why would I want to sort by disliked movies? And why have thumbs up when I have favorites? If I like a movie as a favorite, why have the redundant thumbs up?

i suppose thumbs up + favorites might be redundant, but I don't see anything wrong with dislike. It's all personalization. Some people are collectors and don't actually like all of the content they have. Others collect content for an entire household, and people within it are not going to like everything.

Koleckai Silvestri

I always figured it was taken into account in the suggested titles. So while I would never delete my wife's Jane Austen style stories, I don't want it showing up as suggestions in my stuff either. Nor do I want to make dozens of different libraries to account for different tastes.