Occasional screen rotation locked in landscape

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

I have had a hard time tracking down how to reproduce this as it really doesn't happen very often, maybe once every two weeks, but;

Every now and again I'll go to use and/or return to the app and it will be stuck in landscape view. Start/stop playback, browse different pages like a library or the dashboard, switch apps then come back, still stuck in landscape until I close the app by removing it from recent apps. Then it returns to normal.

It usually happens when transitioning from the video player to the main app (ie. end of playback / the back button / re-open app after crash during playback) but I think I've seen it a few times when returning to the app without having had playback running.

The most recent case:

I was watching an epp from my tv shows library, paused playback, switched apps, then was doing something else for maybe 10min when I got a popup 'emby has stopped responding'. I clicked 'close the app' and continued what I was doing. Then a few min later reopened the app and it opened to my home page but stuck in landscape.

Two notes:

- I always have my android screen rotation settings set to locked-portrait. Any app that I would actually use in landscape (primarily youtube, twitch, and emby) overrides that just fine as needed. Emby usually switches to/from landscape when entering/exiting the player without issue.

- I have become somewhat desensitized to the app crashing (the not responding popup > close app) now and again as it used to be really bad, but it has gotten soooo much better. I don't remember the last time it crashed while actually in use. If it crashws it's now pretty much always when in the background un-used for a long time which I attribute to having too much crap open on an aging device. I'm not reporting that as an issue as it really isn't.

/edit to that second note: I have now had the app crash three times tonight all under the same circumstances. Video is playing, pause, switch apps, 10sec-10min later the app crashes. When re-opened, it loads the homepage but is stuck in landscape.

Emby for android v3.0.55

Android 8.0.0

I have been seeing this for months however, just very intermittently.

Edited by darkassassin07