How to update Emby to new version from Command Line in Ubuntu 18.04

mlapoint

mlapoint

I installed Ubuntu 18.04 a couple months ago and almost since the beginning have gotten the dreaded "Login Loop" issues.  I haven't had a ton of time to deal with it, but at this point I am interested in just using Putty to do an SSL to my Ubuntu machine and run command line on it.

When I first installed Emby to this machine, I did it through the GUI environment.  It is now a couple versions back from the current version (Version 4.0.2.0 but current is 4.1.1.0).  I want to update Emby to 4.1.1.0 but only have the command line to do it.  

Please reply with the script to put into the command line to help me do this!

Thank You,

Mike LaPointe

sfatula

I installed Ubuntu 18.04 a couple months ago and almost since the beginning have gotten the dreaded "Login Loop" issues.  I haven't had a ton of time to deal with it, but at this point I am interested in just using Putty to do an SSL to my Ubuntu machine and run command line on it.

When I first installed Emby to this machine, I did it through the GUI environment.  It is now a couple versions back from the current version (Version 4.0.2.0 but current is 4.1.1.0).  I want to update Emby to 4.1.1.0 but only have the command line to do it.  

Please reply with the script to put into the command line to help me do this!

Thank You,

Mike LaPointe

dpkg -i will upgrade as well as initial install.

We'll improve the instructions to make it clear to use the same process for updating. Thanks.

• 4 years later...
CavTG
On 08/07/2019 at 00:58, Luke said:

We'll improve the instructions to make it clear to use the same process for updating. Thanks.

You should probably do that :P 

• Thanks 1