Show 'Date Last Played' somewhere please.

hedgehog90

hedgehog90

I often want to know the date I last played something but there's no way of finding out in the web interface.

I know the date is stored somewhere as you can sort by Date Played.

Please make it visible in the metadata or on the itemdetails page.

• Like 6

hedgehog90

I want to know the precise time and date that the item was last played.

This is a bit odd, but whenever I see a film I make a note of my last viewing in a spreadsheet, and I get through quite a lot of films on Emby :)

I don't update the spreadsheet that often and I often have to go by memory what date I saw each film.

Yeah, bit of an unlikely problem, but you should make it visible in the itemdetails page nonetheless. It's a nice bit of info to know when you're trying to decide what to watch next.

Realistically it's unlikely to happen in the item detail screen, simply because we already have a lot of information already displayed there.

What i have been wanting to do is expand the list screens to also have a tabular view, and here you could choose the columns you want to see. From here you could choose to display this sort of thing.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

RobWayBro

FWIW, the Playback Reporting plugin can display this information.  Not a solution, just a workaround.

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

I think this is an important "small" feature request that will have big impact as "new" users got exposed to it...

it basically makes Emby as your memory assistant..  So, you are browsing for your next movie, you see a movie that is already played.. you ask yourself, "when did I see that",  and you open the item, and see the date, and that will jog your memory not only to the movie, but part of your life when you actually viewed that movie... powerful tool to have.

Sadly, the sort by "played date", or getting a report from your server plug in does not address the same topic.  this two very useful features is for when you are seeking answer, and not when you are just casually browsing.. i.e., it is good for detective work, and not for browsing and social activities.  

Happy2Play

@aziz As dev mentioned above it has been added via TABLE view, but odds are it will not exist in ALL views.

image.thumb.png.12e7051658a4789484d64375e1784799.png

If it were added to Itemdetails I would guess somewhere down in Media Info.

Hey @Happy2Play, thanks for sharing the information above.. it is certainly useful to have.  but it does not address the need I am bringing up.. allow me to explain...

As you already know, Emby used to be called MediaBrowser... and the word Browser is key here...

Imagine the following..  you are sitting with family and "Browsing" for the next movie to watch, then you stop at this "good movie" that has a played tick on it, and you ask yourself and others, when did I/we watched this movie (so it is a social thing of great value), and all you have to do is open said item, and just below the picture it said, "Played on 27/11/2017", and you turn around and say "oohh yeah.. we watched this on thanksgiving 5 years ago.. do you remember blah blah blah.."

This makes Emby a powerful tool as a memory and conversation starter and it gives Emby a powerful emotional connection to its users.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1