For users with Samsung Tizen SmartTVs (2015 - Present) who want to test the latest beta version of the Emby client app before it's submitted to Samsung for release in their app store. This will also work for those who live in a country where the official client app isn't available yet in the Samsung app store.
Release notes and version number
For the latest release notes and version number click on this post
- Download this zip file: https://github.com/M...tizen/tizen.zip
- Wipe clean a USB 2.0 stick (some larger USB 3.0 harddrives have been found to not work)
- Unzip the contents of the .zip file to your USB stick. (Make sure the folder 'userwidget' is in the root of the thumb-drive and the folder contains the two files)
- Turn on the TV
- Plug the thumb-drive into the TV's USB port.
- Installation should start automatically. (There will be 3 quick messages in the upper right corner of the TV)
- Click 'OK' once the installation is complete.
- Optional, add the Emby app as a shortcut to Home
- Start the app from the Smart Hub or installed apps section of your TV.
If the installation does not start automatically, then please ensure your TV firmware is up to date and try again.
We've received reports from users that installing from USB 3.0 hard-drive devices does not work, so please make sure to use a USB 2.0 thumb-drive device. Also, make sure the thumb-drive is unlocked/writable before plugging it in. The TV will need to write to your thumb-drive.
Users with 2015 Samsung SmartTVs may experience an issue where the USB version of the app deletes itself upon restart of their TV. This is a security measure implemented by Samsung in which we have no control. If this is the case you may have to leave the thumb-drive in the TV and reinstall upon reboot, or install the final release version of the client found in the Samsung app center once available.
Updating from a previous USB install
The app will notify you when an update is available. To update a previous USB install just repeat the instructions above.
Certain Samsung SmartTVs have an issue where the app won't upgrade from USB drive if there is already a USB version installed. If this is the case you'll simply delete the old version before inserting the USB and then repeat the same installation process to install the new version.
Also, try power cycling your TV after deleting the previous version if you have problems.
Edited by FrostByte, 04 October 2019 - 06:16 AM.