Innate

Fire Stick - Emby Recommends

Innate

I have an Amazon Fire Stick 4k HDR version. Apps like Netflix and HBO Go have their own "Recommends" row on the home screen. They allow you to launch specific content directly without going into the app then selecting the content. It would be great if emby could do this as well.

• Like 1

ebr

Hi.  I'm afraid we cannot do this on the Amazon platform.

However, we do have this very type of thing on the Google version for Android TV.

5d13e9c23aa5b_oreochannels.png

ebr

Ah, it appears Amazon has changed how this works for them (they used to require centralized content).  However, they've done it with an old and deprecated Android API since they are still on an older Android version (pre 8.0).

We would have to look into if we can restore the old functionality in the app and enable it for Amazon.

Thanks.

• Like 1

ebr

And... this will be in the next release of the app:

5d14ffb2c4b0e_amazonrecs.png

BTW - these two screen grabs next to each other really points out (again) how much nicer Amazon's presentation is over Google's.  Google used to look this nice and, for some reason, they decided to uglify it :).

Innate

Awesome news. Thanks. I agree it looks much better on Fire. What you implemented, will it have a row dedicated to movies and a separate one dedicated to tv shows?

ebr

What you implemented, will it have a row dedicated to movies and a separate one dedicated to tv shows?

No, the way this works on the Fire is they lump everything together.  Notice the label on the row.  They even combine the content from multiple apps if you have them that do this.  I assume HBO etc. worked some sort of special deal with them to get their own rows.

Standard Android, when using this old API, would at least show an individual row for each app.

Innate

When will this update be pushed out?

ebr

Sorry, I don't have an exact ETA but we try to target a new release every couple of months.

Thanks.