How do i change metadata? TV series wrongly identified

aerospyke

rfickett

I'm not sure if this topic is still open but have a problem with a TV Series being found correctly on MB3. And I would greatly appreciate any help that I can get on this topic.

The issue is that their are two shows named "The Goldbergs" listed on TVDB. One is the a series from 1989. the second, is the new series from 2013. However, it seems that no matter what i do I can't seem to get MB3 to read it as the second of the two mentioned series.

I have tried the following: 

TV Shows\The Goldbergs\Season 01\[etc]

TV Shows\The Goldbergs (2013)\Season 01\[etc]

If I name the folder without the Year, MB3 shows the original series. However, if I add the year to the folder name in parenthesis, then it seems to read it as part of the title and can't find it at all. 

Koleckai Silvestri

Oh. Is a kids movie, cars 2. Metadata worked fine, I look at the library and it says it is 3d and I labelled the kind of 3d it is, it also had a 2d 1080p version there too, in with it, showing as the same video as it should, but I dont know how to choose to watch the 2d version instead of the 3d version on my 3d capable tv. Should I name them different so they do NOT come up as a single show?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

You should be able to have multiple versions of the same video in a single folder. This is a separate issue and you should open a topic about it separately.

Koleckai Silvestri

I'm not sure if this topic is still open but have a problem with a TV Series being found correctly on MB3. And I would greatly appreciate any help that I can get on this topic.

The issue is that their are two shows named "The Goldbergs" listed on TVDB. One is the a series from 1989. the second, is the new series from 2013. However, it seems that no matter what i do I can't seem to get MB3 to read it as the second of the two mentioned series.

I have tried the following: 

TV Shows\The Goldbergs\Season 01\[etc]

TV Shows\The Goldbergs (2013)\Season 01\[etc]

If I name the folder without the Year, MB3 shows the original series. However, if I add the year to the folder name in parenthesis, then it seems to read it as part of the title and can't find it at all. 

Go into the Metadata Editor and Use the identify function. Enter this number in for thetvdb field: 269653. Clear all the other fields except the name and year.

Good day,

As Wayne said, but no need to clear anything, just put the ID and save then force refresh "Refresh All Data" option drop menu if it not already selected.

My best