Missing Feature - Permanent Users

Zalaare

Zalaare

I apologize if this has already been requested or rejected.  I could not find reference to it prior to posting.

In my setup I have two users, one is personal with access to all media libraries the other is a restricted account with access to only a few media libraries.  Ultimately, an item watched/paused/partially-viewed I'd like to reflect the same state within both users.

Emby for Kodi supports this by allowing me to add the other user as a permanent user to the session, meaning whenever Kodi for Emby launches, both users are logged in (what the user watches affects both users states).  However my Main TV Setup (obviously LG) the app only allows me (afaik) to login as one of these users (in this case I used the more limited user 100% of the time).

While not the worst problem to have, it is annoying to backfill my watched status on episodes/movies/music etc. that I happen to remember I already viewed via the LG.

Is this a feature that can be added?  Maybe users need a revamp at the server level instead?

A big thank you to the devs who make Emby great and the Users who make it worth their while!

Hi there, we don't currently have anything like this, although Trakt could potentially help you.

Some way of accommodating this is always possible for the future. thanks.