darkassassin07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • Local time: 07:50 AM

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:32 AM

Primarily to do with this:
https://emby.media/c...ts/#entry752392

I'd like the ability to set a maximum time that an individual client can stay connected to the server and still be idle.
By this I mean,
- clients that have a stream open, but paused = idle
- clients logged into the web app but not doing anything (like an open tab sitting in the background but not streaming) = idle (any activity at all like scrolling down on the page would reset this one)

I'd like to be able to set say, a half hour timeout. Then if a user starts a stream, pauses it, then walks away; that client will automatically disconnect half an hour later.

Thoughts?

#2 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 46413 posts
  • Local time: 10:50 AM

Posted 12 June 2019 - 08:55 AM

What does "disconnect" actually mean?

Are you really just looking for an auto-logoff in each app?

#3 darkassassin07 OFFLINE  

darkassassin07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • Local time: 07:50 AM

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:52 PM

Im mainly looking to have any client that begins streaming a piece of media then just leaves that stream open but paused, have that client automatically end that stream after a certain amount of time idle/paused.

I regularly check the active streams on my server to ensure I'm not interrupting people if I have to make changes or restart things. Having clients sitting paused potentially for hours/days has been a problem a few times. In the case of chromecasts specifically, there isnt an easy way to get it to disconnect once you have figured out its idle. You have to disable the user it's connected as, then remember to re-enable them later.

When it comes to the web app, a user that is logged in (as in, actively has an open tab connected to emby) but idle for long periods of time is potentially a client open on a public machine (/edit: unattended machine). This is the only client I think an auto-logout could be nessesary, but that's just my opinion. I have a couple family members doing a fair amount of traveling this year, Id like to mitigate potential security risks.

Edited by darkassassin07, 13 June 2019 - 06:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users