Clear the OSD?

hstamas

hstamas

In all the other Emby apps that I’ve tried/use, if your watching a video and for what ever reason you’ve brought up the OSD, hitting “back” while it’s still visible clears the OSD from view.

This is not the case with Emby Theater. In Theater it actually brings you back, (stops video playback and goes back a screen).

This is very confusing if you use multiple Emby apps to have to try and remember how it works on each client. When using Theater I find myself constantly stopping playback when all I meant to do is clear the OSD (I tend to check the time remaining a lot when bing watching programs)..

Any way to we could get this consistent across all apps and have Theater respond like eveyone else?

AdrianW

See my request from over three years ago: Option for seek bar to disappear more quickly

@@ebr mentions the "back" button method in that thread. Although personally I think up/down should be used - up to display it and down to dismiss it. 

And on a similar but different note - I'd still like to see down arrow used to drop down a synopsis from the top (similar to the Apple TV).

• Like 1

hstamas

I just did this again twice last night, accidentally exiting instead of clearing the OSD. If looks could kill (WAF FAIL!)

Marc_G

I agree with the desire to get rid of the OSD quickly. I use the skip forward / back a lot, and those keys don't become active until the OSD is gone. I wish I could program the thing to disappear the OSD after 1 second instead of whatever it currently is, or have a key to press to immediately dismiss it.

• Like 1

CBers

Need to not display the OSD on playback start, as we don't in the Android TV (ATV) app.

It's a much cleaner experience.

hstamas

Need to not display the OSD on playback start, as we don't in the Android TV (ATV) app.

It's a much cleaner experience.

Android TV setup for playback OSD and its easy clearing works perfectly. Wonder if Apple TV and Roku do the same? All should follow the Android TV example as it’s what you’d expect to happen in most every media player I’ve ever used.