Music metadata

rechigo

rechigo

So I don't know what's up with music metadata, it doesn't automatically find the metadata so I tried to manually add it using https://www.mp3tag.de/en/ and it still wouldn't pick up the metadata. What am I doing wrong? How do I get Emby to pick up music metadata?

rechigo

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean. Do you want me to send a video of what's happening?

By example I mean what music? Are your songs tagged with embedded information? What metadata were you expecting it to retrieve?

rechigo

Ok, I'll try to explain it with as much detail as possible. I have all of my music stored in a single folder, no subfolders. My library has both TheAudioDb and MusicBrainz for metadata fetching, however it is not fetching the cover art for the song, even though as you can see from the screenshot I've attached, it has manually added tags. https://gyazo.com/c7551581eb42addb8d6fd233bfc2020e

Ok here is the problem. We don't fetch cover images for songs, we only extract embedded images, if your songs have those. We do fetch images for albums however, currently, you must have album sub-folders in order for this to happen. That's why you're not getting any art.

It's a limitation we plan to improve on in the future so that you can use any folder structure you want, but for now, in order to see albums in Emby and their images, you do need folders for albums. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

rechigo

Thank you for the information, I look forward to being able to use Emby for all my media.