Collections

milonedp

milonedp

I've tried a few more times running scan library and the Auto BoxSet plugin and I don't have a collections Library.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

GhostRider

If you look at the metadata for a movie that should belong in a collection do you see under the External IDs section the field TheMovieDb Collection Id: filled in with a number? If so could you post an example of  TheMovieDb Collection Id number and the TheMovieDb Id number from a moviw not in the collections library.

milonedp

Yes they are properly populated and were reflected in the Metadata Manager under collections, however now based on some of the fixes I've tried I don't even have a collections library and need help in recreating it.

Example

28 Days Later - TheMovieDb Collection ID:  1565

28 Weeks Later - TheMovieDb Collection ID:  1565

milonedp

Thanks Luke!  Yeah I probably should have figured that one out on my own.

Okay now that it's back I tried deleting one of the ones that had issues to see if it would recreate itself and it did not.  I tried to manually create the collection (after ensuring that "TheMovieDb Collection ID" was properly populated and it created the collection but would not add the movies to it.  When I tried to add them again the collection was not showing in the drop down.

Thoughts?  Would waiting for 4.2 fix this?  It seems like it needs to be deleted and rebuilt so that everything is in sync...

Happy2Play

This is either a collection.xml or a database issue.

Can you test moving "28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later" to a new folder and creating a new Library pointing to that folder to see if the collection is created properly.

milonedp

Thank you again for all the help, I really appreciate it!

I moved the two movies to a new folder and created a new library, from there I was able to manually create and add the two movies.  On the desktop if I go into that library I can see them showing in the collection.  

When I try to sync this to Kodi it looks like only the original library is syncing (not sure if that is the way it's supposed to work or not.

If you suggest I could move all of these two a new folder and create a new library, however I hadn't tried that already as I have a sync setting to create mobile versions for these folders, if I move everything and create the new sync settings won't it try to create all the new mobile files again (that took a month to run).

Happy2Play

Thank you again for all the help, I really appreciate it!

I moved the two movies to a new folder and created a new library, from there I was able to manually create and add the two movies.  On the desktop if I go into that library I can see them showing in the collection.  

When I try to sync this to Kodi it looks like only the original library is syncing (not sure if that is the way it's supposed to work or not.

If you suggest I could move all of these two a new folder and create a new library, however I hadn't tried that already as I have a sync setting to create mobile versions for these folders, if I move everything and create the new sync settings won't it try to create all the new mobile files again (that took a month to run).

Don't know much about Syncing or Kodi, so you might want to wait for @@Luke to comment.  But first thing I would try would be removing the library, allow the library scan to finish, then re-added the library.  If that doesn't work then there are old database entries affecting that library folder, so you would need to move everything a new library folder or look at the nuclear option of a new database (but other factors such as user data apply to the database).  But I do not know how this affects syncing.

milonedp

I already tried that yesterday.

I didn't manually delete each collection first might that help? Manually delete them all, remove the library, then re-add it?

Happy2Play

I already tried that yesterday.

I didn't manually delete each collection first might that help? Manually delete them all, remove the library, then re-add it?

Ultimately you would need to delete everything in the "/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections/" folder, but to me your issue would point to broken database entries for that specific library folder path.  

Edited by Happy2Play

milonedp

Is there a way to correct the DB entry?

I have never done ssh to a NAS before and would like to avoid if I can.

Happy2Play

Is there a way to correct the DB entry?

I have never done ssh to a NAS before and would like to avoid if I can.

Well that would require knowing exactly what the issue is and being able to get to the database "/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/library.db"

• 2 weeks later...
milonedp

@@Luke I updated to the 4.2 server and I'm still having the same issues. I noticed another post about multi version having some sort of impact. If by multi version you mean a 4k, 3D, and mobile versions all in the same folder. That applies to my situation as well.

Do I have to SSH into the NAS and delete something or do I need to delete everything and start over? If so how do I do that?