Collections

milonedp

milonedp

When I'm making changes to collections in Kodi they are not following back to my Collections in Emby this used to work. Is there a setting in Emby or Kodi that I might have changed accidentally?

Also maybe related I've tried adding new collections manually in the metadata manager and they don't actually add, could my collections database be corrupted? Is there a way to test it fix this?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi, what are you doing in Kodi? 

Also maybe related I've tried adding new collections manually in the metadata manager and they don't actually add

What do you mean by this?

milonedp

In Kodi, I'm going to the "Manage Set" and manually selecting movies that I want to be added to the collection.

In the metadata manager I go to a movie, select the 3 dots, select "add to collection", I create the new collection, (I tried this both selecting and not selecting "search the internet for artwork and metadata")   I click ok and then the new collection is not added to collections, nor is it available in the drop down (from the 3 dots) if I try to add another different movie to it.

Happy2Play

In Kodi, I'm going to the "Manage Set" and manually selecting movies that I want to be added to the collection.

In the metadata manager I go to a movie, select the 3 dots, select "add to collection", I create the new collection, (I tried this both selecting and not selecting "search the internet for artwork and metadata")   I click ok and then the new collection is not added to collections, nor is it available in the drop down (from the 3 dots) if I try to add another different movie to it.

You will probably need to post a server log and maybe check the debug console on your browser for errors.  As I just went to the Metadata Manager and selected a random movie and selected add to collection and created a new one and it added that item to a collection and displayed that collection on screen.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 1 month later...
milonedp

I tried fixing this in my own but no luck.

My metadata manager is not on sync with what shows in Emby for collections. How could I best share this as I don't think a log would show the difference. It's not just trying to add something to a new collection it's that there are entire differences.

Metadata Manager shows 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later in a collection. Emby shows them as individual movies.

Metadata Manager shows Aladin, The Return of Jafar, and King of Thieves all in the collection. Emby (correctly) does too.

This is only one example of the mismatch there are dozens, it's not consistent though.

Metadata Manager shows 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later in a collection. Emby shows them as individual movies.

Where does it show them as individual movies?

milonedp

In the Emby Android app as well as when I go into Emby on my desktop.

In the screenshot below you can see both the 28 days later and the Aladdin Collection.1e4cfcbe01ef01c3a0004af4cfbcd436.jpg

Happy2Play

Are the paths correct in the collection.xml?  You can see the path for the xml via the collection in Metadata Manager.

What shows in the Collections tab for that collection?

Edited by Happy2Play

milonedp

Metadata Manager: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections/

Collections Library: /var/packages/E... (I can't see the rest is there a way to see the full library location?)

I think you are onto something as it seems like it's pointing to an old version of the data.

Emby Server 4.1.1.0 running on a Synology NAS

Edited by milonedp

In the 3-dot menu in your movies list did you enable the view option to group items into collections?

milonedp

Yes, the Aladdin Collection on the screenshot is working correctly.

Happy2Play

Metadata Manager: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/data/collections/

Collections Library: /var/packages/E... (I can't see the rest is there a way to see the full library location?)

I think you are onto something as it seems like it's pointing to an old version of the data.

Emby Server 4.1.1.0 running on a Synology NAS

Have you moved media around?  If so manual intervention is needed.  You see the collections in the path above.  I know paths are not that easy to get to on the NAS.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Collections-–-Manual-Migration

But does 28 Days/Weeks Later Collection appear on the Movies-Collections tab or Home Screen Collections library if you have it enabled?

If so is it empty when you open it?  If so the easiest way to fix is probably deleting the collection and allowing it to rebuild with a Library scan.

milonedp

Okay using the GitHub suggestion for finding the path they match. That said I don't know how to navigate to that on the NAS to truly confirm.

The collections Library was just rebuilt as I removed the movies library, deleted all metadata and files except for the original movies then let everything rebuild and recollect metadata which then automatically rebuilt the collections Library.

Is it with deleting and trying to recreate the collections Library again?

Happy2Play

Collections are different then media, so removing the movies from the library does not remove the Collection from the data folder.  So from the Metadata Manager expand the Collections library and click on the Collection, then go to the three dot menu and delete the collection.  You have to refresh the page for it to disappear, then perform a Library scan or go to the AutoBoxset plugin and click settings and refresh boxsets to rebuild the collection.

milonedp

Great thank you, when I go to Metadata Manager there are no three dots menu for the entire set of collections, should I delete each individual collection, or delete the collection library?  Also the Metadata Manager is actually the most accurate, i.e. that has the collections the way I want them, it's just that Emby doesn't seem to see those.

Happy2Play

Great thank you, when I go to Metadata Manager there are no three dots menu for the entire set of collections, should I delete each individual collection, or delete the collection library?  Also the Metadata Manager is actually the most accurate, i.e. that has the collections the way I want them, it's just that Emby doesn't seem to see those.

Just the individual collection you are having trouble with.  To me it sounds like the database and the collection.xml do not match.

milonedp

Oh, okay that's going to take a while, I have about a 100 collections and don't know which are broken (seems like most).

Thanks again for all the help, I really appreciate it!

Happy2Play

Oh, okay that's going to take a while, I have about a 100 collections and don't know which are broken (seems like most).

Thanks again for all the help, I really appreciate it!

Well test with one and see if it works.  But you have the multi-select option in the Home Screen Collection Library and Movies-Collection tab.  Or post in the Synology section on how to get to the data\collections folder to delete them.  But I believe you have to ssh into the NAS.

milonedp

Is there a way to just delete the whole library and rebuild the entire thing so that I know everything is clean?  Do I have to SSH into the NAS to do that (haven't done that before).

Cause it turns out I read your first response too fast and deleted the library, then I figured recreating the movies library would re-trigger the collections library so I did that and asked the questions above while it restored, but it didn't recreate the collections library.  Is there a way to do that?  I've tried the Auto-Box Set Plug-In "Refresh Box Set Option" and I get nothing.  So now it seems I'm stuck.  Did I hose everything up?

You could wait and reevaluate this with the upcoming 4.2 server release as there will be a number of collection related improvements.

milonedp

Thanks.

Is there a timeline on that release?

Will it recreate the collections Library? I will need a way to do that.

Happy2Play

Where did you delete the collection library?  I just deleted mine from Dashboard-Libraries and did a Library scan and it returned.