Should Live TV be working on Roku app?

bishoph

bishoph

At this time, is anyone successfully getting Live TV to work via the Roku app version 1.17.6?

I'm running the NextPVR plugin with my Hauppauge HD PVR.  The NextPVR server shows the Hauppauge fine in its Live TV render, and I'm able to see Live TV via web client for Mediabrowser3...I'm just trying to figure out if it's me or if the Roku app is not quite there yet.

I have Live TV as an option on the Roku app, and it shows the channels I've created in NextPVR, but when I select one it goes to a blank gray screen under the "MEDIABROWSER" header and just sits there.

FWIW, I have tried on the Mediabrowser ++ app (current version 1.7) but that's even worse, it crashes that app and returns to the Roku home screen.

Spaceboy

A tbs quad dvb-s2 tuner through dvblink into wmc into serverwmc into mb3. I'm in the UK if that first bit means nothing. I don't think the set up should make a difference though, wmc sees my tuners as yours does.

So on the roku in the normal app I select the channels button under the live tv heading. It then shows me a list of the channels and what is on for the selected channel. I then choose a channel and it shows me the channel listing in a vertical list. I then choose the program that is on now (not sure why historic program's are shown btw) and it take me through to one more screen where I can choose play or record.. Both options work for me. ++ app is the same. Where do you get up to in that list?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bishoph

Well just to update...I figured out my problem.  I was trying to "play" channels that had no program guide data.  That doesn't seem to be a problem in a browser like Chrome, but apparently, the Roku needs EPG from the channel you're trying to watch so it has something to "play" I guess.  For my Hauppauge HD PVR, which I have a component source (Directv DVR) going in, I just use any channel's EPG and map it to it under the NextPVR device setup/channel settings.  All is good now and working well!  And I will add, schedulesdirect.org as an EPG source is excellent.

The only problem I'm having: I'm also using a Hauppauge card with an ATSC tuner and have an OTA antenna going into that with all my local network affiliates and their dot 2 and dot 3 subchannels; the Roku does not like the affiliates' HD signals.  They play ok in a browser like Chrome, but it seems too much to handle for the Roku.

Edited by bishoph

• 3 years later...