Cinema Mode not working

Headfritz
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Headfritz

HI,

It seem that I can not get Cinema Mode to work, I have tried everything that I can think of, and it just will not work. I have un-installed it, I have check all my sentings, I have re-installed it, Shut the Emby server down and restarted it. I have taken my prime membership code out, restarted then put it back. Yet it just will not work, I'm at a lose.

I'm running Emby Server 4.1.1.0-1 on my Synology DSM 6.2.2-24922. I use ATV with all the latest versions. 

Headfritz

I select a move then hit play. The screen will turn black and maybe 4 to 5 seconds then the movie still start.

Not sure this is what your asking for.

Headfritz

No trailers play. I have it set up so one trailer should play before the movie. After the movie plays a cartoon should play right after that. Nothing happens, no trailers, no cartoons play. I have changed the number of tails should play before the movie and still nothing happens.

I have checked all my settings and it s all seems ok. I have uninstalled the both the trailer add on and the cinema add on as well then I re-install both add ons, and still not trailer before the movie starts.

• 2 weeks later...
Headfritz

I'm still having this issue with Cinema mode not working and I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas that I may try to get the cinema mode working.  I've tried everything I could think of short of un-install Emby all together and re-installing it. It's also not working on my iPad, nor iPhone. 

Thanks

BillOatman

It works fine for me.  Has for a long time.  I had a problem when first setting it up.  If memory serves it was how I had the directory configured in the settings.  But I only do pre-roll, not trailers.

• 1 month later...
Headfritz

Ok, I have updated my Synology server to 4.2.0.40. I have updated my ATV to the latest build, and still I am not getting any trailers to play be for streaming a movie!  When I go to a movie and hit play, it stated playing with out play any trailer at all! SO, the question I have to ask is, why is the Cinema mode still not working. It doesn't work in my borrows, it doesn't work on my ATV, nor on my phone, it just doesn't work at all. 

I have shut down Emby server and restarted it. I gone over all my setting and tried to jiggle it ,sort of speak, and nothing. 

Ok, I have updated my Synology server to 4.2.0.40. I have updated my ATV to the latest build, and still I am not getting any trailers to play be for streaming a movie!  When I go to a movie and hit play, it stated playing with out play any trailer at all! SO, the question I have to ask is, why is the Cinema mode still not working. It doesn't work in my borrows, it doesn't work on my ATV, nor on my phone, it just doesn't work at all. 

I have shut down Emby server and restarted it. I gone over all my setting and tried to jiggle it ,sort of speak, and nothing. 

@@Headfritz, remember you need to enable it in both the server settings, and the app settings as well. And yes, how did you setup your cinema mode settings? Thanks.

Headfritz

I believe that I have check my setting for the sever and the apps as well and they all have to cinema mode check, unless I have missed something, which could be possible. Here are some screen shots of my sever settings. Not sure if this is what you'r asking for, if not let me know. 

5d3a77a0c334c_ScreenShot20190725at1036255d3a77c21613f_ScreenShot20190725at103859

Headfritz

I trying to run a library scan this morning, but it seem to be stuck at 88.3% and will not progress further. Not sure why. 

Headfritz

Ok, it has finished scanning and Cinema Mode trailers still not playing before movies. If I delete the movie folder and reinstall it, would that help? 

chacawaca

if you go on your homescreen = > Trailer, manually starting a trailer work ?

Can you also try running the refresh internet channels scheduled task? Thanks.

Headfritz

In my home screen, I can play trails. I've also refreshed the internet channels, still nothing.  

if you check the box about including trailers from your library, does that make a difference?

Headfritz

Ok, checked box to include trails from library, nothing. Then I unchecked everything, restarted the server, then played a movie. then after that I restarted the sever again, went back an checked all the boxes again, restarted the server again, and still nothing. The only think I can think of is that am not throwing, or checking a box some where. I have checked my setting to make sure the Cinema mode is check on every device, and they are all checked.  I don't believe it should be this complicated, so something must be a miss. I assume that it is working fine on your end, so if it's not working on mine, then the trouble has to be on my end of things.  Would, and it's extreme, would deleting the server and re-installing it be a reasonable option? Or would just re-installing my movie library?  

Not sure this will help anything, but you never know.

Here are my devices,

Synology DS1817+ ( server on NAS)

iMac 27"

ATV

Iphone.

iPad

Trailers before movie will not play on any of them, of course not o the NAS.

ATV is Apple TV?

You said playing them from the Trailers library worked.  Which app did you use to do that?

Headfritz

Yes, ATV = AppleTv. I was on a Web Borrower, Safari. I also tested it on my phone and last night on a AppleTv, and playing trailers from the trail channel all worked.