Audio Bitrate Exceeded Limit?

dbowles1975

dbowles1975

Can you reproduce this on other videos?

Yes. I'm currently working my way through GoT and every episode I watch with subtitles this happens. If it disable subtitles while it's happening it immediately goes back to playing.

ETA: Sometimes it doesn't freeze completely. Sometimes the video will freeze and the audio continues as normal then the video will fast forward to sync back up with the audio. 

Edited by dbowles1975

rbjtech

Hi. The Fires don't support DTS at all and only support DD up to 384kb/s (we may need to check some of the newer models to see if they've relaxed this restriction).

My 2nd Gen FireTV's + Sticks all play DTS direct - interestingly the Developer pages don't say they do, but they do play DTS just fine as confirmed by StatsforNerds and no ffmpeg logs ..

@@ebr

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fire-tv/device-specifications.html?v=ftvstickgen2

Edited by Luke

My 2nd Gen FireTV's + Sticks all play DTS direct - interestingly the Developer pages don't say they do, but they do play DTS just fine as confirmed by StatsforNerds and no ffmpeg logs ..

@@ebr

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fire-tv/device-specifications.html?v=ftvstickgen2

Is it actually bitstreaming DTS audio to something that can accept and decode it or is it just downmixing to stereo...?

neik

Sorry for the late answer was away the last week.

In our experience, they will play but usually with problems.

I have been forcing Emby to direct play the episodes I am seeing right now and it has been playing just fine.

Switching between audio tracks is just seemlessly unlike when it is direct streaming.

@@ebr, wouldn't it make more sense to first try to direct play the files and if it fails going to direct stream/remux and as measure of last ressort transcoding it?

@@ebr

Is it actually bitstreaming DTS audio to something that can accept and decode it or is it just downmixing to stereo...?

My doesn't bitstream DTS, it plays the files fine but it downmixes it to Stereo.

Edited by neik

@@ebr, wouldn't it make more sense to first try to direct play the files and if it fails going to direct stream/remux and as measure of last ressort transcoding it?

The problem was that playback did not fail - it was erratic and choppy.  Something that is very hard to detect by the program.

dbowles1975

Not to sound like an ass but is there any chance we could address the original issue instead of whatever issue this guy who hijacked the thread is having?

neik

@, would you be so kind and move my posts and the related ones out of this topic so that @dbowless1975 can stop whining...

Thanks!

dbowles1975

@, would you be so kind and move my posts and the related ones out of this topic so that @dbowless1975 can stop whining...

Thanks!

If you're going to call me out at least spell my user name correctly... 

neik

As no one wants to split this...

The problem was that playback did not fail - it was erratic and choppy.  Something that is very hard to detect by the program.

I had a deeper look into my library and found one case of those you're mentioning.

One of my movies, simply does not play at all without permissions to direct stream/remux.

Allowing audio transcoding does not solve the issue as Emby only tells "Too many errors." and stops playback.

ebr, is this worth troubleshooting?

As no one wants to split this...

I had a deeper look into my library and found one case of those you're mentioning.

One of my movies, simply does not play at all without permissions to direct stream/remux.

Allowing audio transcoding does not solve the issue as Emby only tells "Too many errors." and stops playback.

ebr, is this worth troubleshooting?

Not necessarily. Emby apps will already direct play whenever possible. If you disable the permissions to force a direct play, then you're forcing the app into doing something that it doesn't think is going to work. If the app did think it was going to work, then it would have direct played to begin with. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.