Local poster images being randomly deleted and things being set as unlocked after I lock them, no idea why

Mad Man with a Blue Box

Mad Man with a Blue Box

Fairly new to emby just started using it a few months ago, very impressed so far, way better than Plex that I tried first.

I have a library setup where on my server there are several folders for different video courses and guest speaker lectures etc. I am happy to have screen captures for the media itself for the moment until I can make custom images for each one since there is no online resource containing anything like with movies and TV.

I am experiencing a problem with the custom image set at the folder level but only with some stuff.

So, to explain in a little more detail, I have one main folder for this library of which emby is set to access each of the sub folders within the library settings, within one of these sub folders I have a sub folder for the place all these videos came from (planning on having multiple of these for different places), then within that folder I have a few other folders for different types of videos, a folder for guest speakers which contains a folder for each different speaker with a bunch of videos of each speaker within that etc.

I modified the meta image for each of the speakers folders to have a head shot of the speaker and over the past few days since I set this up it has reverted to being a solid color with the name of the folder etc. I have updated this 3 times now and each time it reverted back after a (wasn't paying attention to how long) period of time.

Upon further investigation I notice that when creating this meta image from their photo it adds an image file called poster within the folder on the server and this is being removed for some reason.

- Speaker A

/

Library > Place Folder > Guest Speakers - Speaker B

\

- Speaker C

I have another folder that contains similar structure and setup and the posters in that folder for each of the sub folder meta images are staying there for now and haven't changed, so I am at a loss as to why the ones in this other folder changed.

At first it was just 2 of the speakers folders that had the image removed, then after re-adding those a couple of times the whole lot of speakers folders had their images removed twice, all within the last week.

My second issue is that I also am setting the media files, folders etc. everything, to be locked for the metadata, so any titles I add and any images I add (or so I thought) are not able to be changed by anything other than me going in manually and doing it. But I have also noticed that some of these folders/videos have been changed back to unlocked on more than one occasion, without me doing it.

I originally figured it could be something from an above folders settings spilling over to the ones below, so I made sure all folders and files were set the same in that library, but that didn't help.

All I would like is that all of the meta info pics etc. I add to remain completely untouched unless I manually edit them, there is no reason for anything meta related to have any automation processes in this library as there is nothing online for these videos, they may as well be home movies.

Right now I just have a small batch of files but when I am done it will be quite large and I would hate to put in a whole lot of work making graphics for each one and each folder and then have them modified without my consent.

I have it set to store everything I can into my main emby server folder and all meta data (as Nfo's) and images get stored within media folders, I don't have the download images in advanced setting turned on and nothing to do with thumbnails is turned on.

I notice there are several scheduled tasks some that say scan the library and mention refreshing metadata but I don't see anywhere to edit what these tasks do or to which libraries, just the option to delete them or add new ones.

I just need to know how I can stop this one library from doing anything to any of the metadata or images unless I specifically go in and manually make edits to them, while also still automatically adding new content that I put within the folders of this library. I don't want to go through and update all the metadata and images on hundreds of folders/videos just to have it all wiped out again.

I have the latest version installed along with a few plugins and from what I can see none of the plugins are doing anything to that library that could be causing this.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues, any suggestions? I have searched the forum for my problem and found a few posts about images being removed but nothing that matches my situation or with solutions that helped me.

*** Just to update, upon further investigation I find that for most of the videos when I go in to the edit metadata and see the Genre, Overview, Dates etc. have been wiped out and it now says it is unlocked. As long as I don't modify that, I can go into the saved metadata Nfo file in the media folder and it still contains all of the Plot info and dates and still says lockdata is set to true. But none of this info is appearing within the web interface or the app or on the edit metadata option even though it is still within this file. It also looks like all the images from the people I had added to these videos are also gone, the people themselves are still there just with no photos. ***

Edited by MilsonHQ