App Just sits Spinning Server says failed Login attempt

space2001

space2001

Just having this issue where the Apple tv app just sits there spinning.  When I check the server it says failed login attempt.

If I force close the app and relaunch it, it says welcome username and then goes to the home screen.

Has anyone else have this?

So it fails the first time and then works the second?

Is this repeatable - meaning it works every other time?

space2001

yes So if I haven't used emby appletv app in a bit when I load it it just sit there spinning, the Server says failed login attempt.

I force close the emby app then go in again then it says welcome username.

Jonathan1683

This happens to me almost every time i log in. I am using a local login where it shouldn't be asking for a password. I have to force close the app and reopen and it works. I looks at the error on the dashboard and this is what it says.

Failed login attempt from Jonathan

• 1 month later...
adrianwi

Any news on this.  It's becoming a real frustration in my household, as the default user (my daughter) almost always fails to login, and then I'm stuck with the spinning wheel which she can't fix.  Running 4.1.1.0 and latest tvos beta.

When it says 'Oops.  Something went wrong.. Error signing in' there should be an option to do something, and not just go back.

Edited by adrianwi

adrianwi

I'm struggling to even get into the App at the minute!  How do I get it back to a screen to select the server or a different user?

I have a feeling someone has change the password or entered a PIN for the default users, but there doesn't appear to be any way to get to a login screen when I can enter this.

I've sent a PM containing the log file, but it looks like I'm locked out of emby on my aTV as when I start up I get the login error message, and when I exit out and try again, just a spinning Starting up screen.  I've disabled the default user and that makes no difference.  No way to get to any other screen to login with a different user.  That with the latest beta, but also the current release version which I thought I'd try.

Edited by adrianwi

adrianwi

So, I managed to get back in by switching off the server and then trying to connect.  After a while I got to the main configuration screen, where you can manually select a server or use emby connect.  I started up the server and then manually connected to it.  I have disabled auto-login and used the 'Hide this user from login screens on the local network' setting (which is nice!) so I just have my 2 local accounts to select between.

The only problem I have now is a PIN has been set for my daughters account, which is required to login.  There doesn't appear to be a way of removing this so it just logs in my selecting the account?

Even if I reset the password, so the PIN box disappears, when I renter a password and the PIN box reappears it remembers the previous PIN.

I have managed to workaround this by disabling the user and renaming it, and then creating a new user with the old username and password, but with a blank PIN.  I've obviously lost all the watch history doing that, which wouldn't be an option for my account, but given my daughter will wath the same thing over and over again, not too much of a problem.

There should be a way to blank the PIN, or have the PIN reset with the password though, and a way to get back to the login screen if a password fails in the aTV client ;)

Edited by adrianwi

Jonathan1683

i dont think this has anything to do with a PIN because I dont use one and I had the same problem last night I couldn't get it no matter what. I use to have to force close the app and restart it, but that would not work last night. Only thing that worked was uninstalling the apple tv app and reinstalling. Then I could use the login page again.

• 4 weeks later...
adrianwi

I haven't either, although I haven't switched back to automatically logging in one user, as it seems quicker when selecting one from the menu.  Being able to hide users from the internal network menu is nice.