v4.1.1.0 Home Screen messed up

x88dually

x88dually

Roku cant log onto v3.5.3 to send you anything. 

That was 1 of the problems i started with the other day. 

I try to click on that server, it tells me invalid username or password. Please try again. 

Heres the thing, i dont have any usernames or passwords.There is only admin as user ? No matter who gets into emby, its just the server/username at the top, and all shows for everyone. Anyone can pick up a remote control, click on emby, and choose a server, then goto home screen.

x88dually

Primary is v4.1.1.0, initial scanning at 90.7 %. This will take weeks.

Secondary is v3.5.3, and will stay that way until counters come back to v4.xxx.  But still cant watch emby from a roku.

I thought I saw you enabled the Thumbnail feature. If you disable that your scan should complete faster.

x88dually

yes, if i turn it off, then when does it make thumbnails, at next scan or just in the background ?

once this crazy long scan is done, do you have any idea how long its gonna take me to make tv shows mimic each other on both servers ? probably 4 days. Each time a episode gets watched from either server, it has to be duplicated on other server so they match. i spend 2 hrs a night doin this crap, and we're only 4 people.

Still cant watch roku with v3.5.3

Edited by x88dually

x88dually

a problem poppped up on tv show listing, stats and reports say v4.1.1.0 has 2123 shows, but v3.5.3. says 2033.

a screenshot, tv shows "the affair, africa and afterlife are blank doubles, nothing in the folders but a folder showing. I'm sure theres close to a hundred more, i should only have 2033 shows.

But scanning is at 92.0 % thumbnails off

post-152018-0-04877200-1558661087_thumb.png

Edited by x88dually

Happy2Play

a problem poppped up on tv show listing, stats and reports say v4.1.1.0 has 2123 shows, but v3.5.3. says 2033.

a screenshot, tv shows "the affair, africa and afterlife are blank doubles, nothing in the folders but a folder showing. I'm sure theres close to a hundred more, i should only have 2033 shows.

But scanning is at 92.0 % thumbnails off

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2019-05-23 Emby.png

And what is the exact structure of those items?  Do the paths for those items appear the same?

Happy2Play

on the hard drives ?

Sure. my guess is something in the folder structure, as 4.1 is not as forgiving as 3.5.

x88dually

root/media/tv/show name/season xx/episode

just checked drives on both servers, exactly the same

only show "the affair 2014" has a year in structure

Edited by x88dually

x88dually

root/media/tv/show name/season xx/episode

just checked drives on both servers, exactly the same

only show "the affair 2014" has a year in structure

Happy2Play

Does selecting edit metadata on the series show the same path (from the library)?  Are they duplicated in the Metadata Manager with the same path?

x88dually

whewwww, refreshing metadata is clearing things up.

Thx for your help

Happy2Play

Just a guess but It could be a side effect of starting and stopping initial scans also.